In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Census

grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
edited April 2010 in General Discussion
Who else got another one of those to fill out online? Takes 40 minutes to fill out, and by law I have to do it [:D]

http://www.census.gov/

Comments

• grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    While I understand the need to fill out my census forms there is one section I will refuse to fill out (and on any other forms). That of race. I am so tired of the abuse of race and reverse descrimination in this country I will no longer, in protest, list what race I am. [}:)]
    edited November -1
    If everyone claimed to be black or latino, would that make all white people a minority?[:D]
    edited November -1
    Now I'm seeing allo over the place yard signs warning us that time is running out and they must be turned in by Tommorrow.

These signs are like what you see around election time.
  • xxx97xxx97 Member Posts: 5,721
    edited November -1
    i still have nada,nothin'...i don't count...[;)]
  • penetraitorpenetraitor Member Posts: 3,870
    edited November -1
    Mine still isn't in. Got it March first, and it will be sent out tomorrow.

This way I can get an accurate head count of the household.[:D]
  • CHEVELLE427CHEVELLE427 Member Posts: 6,750
    edited November -1
    TREAT IT LIKE THE GOVERNMENT TREATS US [}:)]

WILL GET AROUND TO IT ASAP [;)]
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Where was the four or five reminder flyers in the mail I was expecting?

The post office is TOO big to fail. They need a bailout from the US census... [xx(]
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******
    edited November -1
    I never got a form. Can't fill out what I don't have, and I am not going to ask for one.
  • MarksmdsMarksmds Member Posts: 603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mine must have been lost in the mail.
  • xstuntmanxstuntman Member Posts: 678 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lost mine in a tragic outhouse fire. [:0]
    Ya think they'll send me another one?

Mike
  • OLAKOLAK Member Posts: 88 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mine must have been lost in the mail too! Maybe I should call the white house?
  • wsfiredudewsfiredude Member Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mine went in today's mail.

# of people. That's it.
  • cccoopercccooper Member Posts: 4,044 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nunn
    I never got a form. Can't fill out what I don't have, and I am not going to ask for one.

Those that work for the Government in one for or the other may already be counted. Know for 80 and 90 I did not get one. Was told they did it for me. Wonder since I'm sort of still on the rolls( Retired) if they counted me.
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by xstuntman

Lost mine in a tragic outhouse fire. [:0]
    Ya think they'll send me another one?

Mike

probably send some moron to your house

I accidently put mine in the envelope backwards with the bar code facing in...
    edited November -1
    I don't work for the government. I doubt anyone completed a form on my behalf.

In 1990, the form was HUGE, as big as the instruction book for a form 1040. I laid it aside and put off filling out the forms. I guess I set it aside too long, because a yahoo showed up to ask the questions.

I don't remember the one in 2000. They might have forgotten to send me one then, too.
    edited November -1
    I don't work for the government. I doubt anyone completed a form on my behalf.

In 1990, the form was HUGE, as big as the instruction book for a form 1040. I laid it aside and put off filling out the forms. I guess I set it aside too long, because a yahoo showed up to ask the questions.

I don't remember the one in 2000. They might have forgotten to send me one then, too.

You are a cop right. You at least work for the city right.
    edited November -1
    Great.

quote:

Eugene, Ore.-- If you haven't dropped your official census form in the mail. You may get a knock on your door.

A second round of census forms will be mailed to 40 million households nationwide. These are for folks, who haven't returned their form or may have lost it.

Starting April 1 and lasting through July, census workers across the country will go door to door to manually get that data from you, if they haven't received your census.

Census workers will ask you 10 simple questions that should take about 10 minutes. Under federal law Title 13, these workers must protect the personal information you give them.

So how well are you doing with getting your form in on time? We asked some folks around town that question.

"Not yet, but we will," said Eugene resident Kelly Coffey. While others sent theirs off as soon as they received it. "We've turned ours," said Eugene resident Larry Trimble.

Census officials said about 85-million in taxpayer dollars is saved for every 1% increase in mail response.

Census officials said by resending the census forms they hope to get a 7-10% higher return rate. Its estimated it costs $57 per home for a census worker to collect your data manually.

Another Round of Census Forms Being Mailed Out | KEZI
    URL: http://kezi.com/news/local/168368
    edited November -1
    quote:You are a cop right. You at least work for the city right.

Right on both counts. City cop, not a "government employee."

(I have asked many times, and no one yet has shown me Constitutional authority for a Federal law enforcement agency.)

I doubt that anyone's employer is handling their census forms for them.

Maybe they will eventually send the form, or maybe a yahoo will come by the house.
  • oldrideroldrider Member Posts: 4,934 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Got my "pre census " notification, then my actual census form. Wasn't offended by the questions, filled it out and mailed it.
    Then I got a reminder. Today I got a whole new form. I'm beginning
    to get offended. At another example of government waste.
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    census directly under white house control smells really bad.....
    edited November -1

(I have asked many times, and no one yet has shown me Constitutional authority for a Federal law enforcement agency.)

Maybe they will eventually send the form, or maybe a yahoo will come by the house.

Didn't say federal Government just said Government.

There is city, county, state and federal government right.[:o)]
  • storm6490storm6490 Member Posts: 8,010
    edited November -1
    I was never addressed or received a census form either.

Oh well, the mexicans will make up for me.
  • reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

David, I will respectfully disagree....if tax payer dollars pay your wage you are a government employee...as I said no disrespect noted, just sayin
  • D1D1 Member Posts: 11,412
    edited November -1
  • brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,023 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm a mailman and find it funny that so many haven't gotten the form. One customer on my route has received 6 already, and 2 of the questionaires that are being sent out. Mine was hand delivered by some guy who wanted answers right then, my brother told him to leave it it would be mailed in.
    edited November -1
    saw a clip on the TV yesterday about being fined / arrested if you do not send the form back in,

question was what if a census worker and a LEO comes to your door , census worker wants to ask you questions the Leo is there to arrest you if you don't answer ,
    you have the right to remain silent.[:0]
    so what to do what to do[B)]
  • ForkliftkingForkliftking Member Posts: 4,907 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Damn, I filled mine out and mailed it back. Now there are strange black helicopters fling over my house. And the bushes outside look like they are moving in the darkness. I should have thrown my form away also.
  • mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Never seen such terror over giving up less info than is already available about you and your family on the internet.

Tax payments,credit reports, taxes, etc. Uncle already has the info.
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mogley98
    Never seen such terror over giving up less info than is already available about you and your family on the internet.

Tax payments,credit reports, taxes, etc. Uncle already has the info.

dont think it is the terror factor, it is the ones demanding your info.

as for the other info listed we gave that up voluntary.

it was by some what our choice
    edited November -1
    quote:David, I will respectfully disagree....if tax payer dollars pay your wage you are a government employee...as I said no disrespect noted, just sayin

No offense taken. When most people hear the words, "government employee," they think Federal government, not local.

I just don't want anyone to think I work for an un-Constitutional Federal agency. I work for a duly constituted local agency, with local accountability.

Still waiting for someone to show me in the Constitution where a Federal law enforcement agency is allowed. Can you imagine how much money we could save if we sent all the Fedcops to the house?
  • RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    I suppose I'll be fined. The only question I answered was the number of people living in the home.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rocklobster
    I suppose I'll be fined. The only question I answered was the number of people living in the home.

that was all we sent in