In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

A bad week

dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
edited May 2010 in General Discussion
Monday i got my ankle and foot caught in a machine. It swole up pretty good. I was lucky iot was not worse. Today i stepped in a hole and fell. Now my hip is bruised and shoulder hurts like crazy. Well at least i still have my foot and no broken bones. [:D]

Comments

• fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    I overheard a guy talking about how he lost his foot in a work related machine of some sort.. Sounds like u need to watch your step a little better but, then you'll prob. bump your head..[^]
  • calrugerfancalrugerfan Member Posts: 18,209
    edited November -1
    The landing of my flight from Houston to Sacramento had the hardest landing I've ever felt in a plane. It felt like the thought the ground was 50 feet lower.

Since most of the crew (including both the pilots) were at the front of the plane near the cockpit as we were leaving, the jerk getting out of the plane in front of me commented in a mean tone, "Nice job on the landing!"

I turned to them and said, "I'm glad we're down safely. Thanks."

Needless to say, I got a big smile and a "Thank you" right back.

It's all about perspective.
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OH YES.....walking away from any landing deserves a thanks & cold drinks
  • dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know i am very very very lucky. Or divine intervention. If the guy i was working with did not turn the machine off when he did i would be gone or messed up. [:(] I had been working for 14 hours and took a short cut to get home.. Lesson learned.
  • carbine100carbine100 Member Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dav1965
    Monday i got my ankle and foot caught in a machine. It swole up pretty good. I was lucky iot was not worse. Today i stepped in a hole and fell. Now my hip is bruised and shoulder hurts like crazy. Well at least i still have my foot and no broken bones. [:D]

They let you drink on the job?[:D]
  • dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Actually i dont drink. Just worked 14 hours that day and was trying to get home. Was really stupid. If i hurt much more i might start. [:D]
  • Frontiersman101Frontiersman101 Member Posts: 3,259
    edited November -1
    That doesn't sound like fun. Sorry to hear it. Hope it heals soon.
  • john wjohn w Member Posts: 4,104
    edited November -1
    I am glad you did not hurt yourself worse than you did. That being said DO NOT walk and chew gum at the same time HA HA!. When you get that tired QUIT before something bad happens
  • owen219owen219 Member Posts: 3,799
    edited November -1
    Knew a guy that worked in the steel mill that got a crane hook caught in his crotch. His gonads tore off and went went up with the hook and he stayed on the ground. Years ago I was working on a sandblast machine blasting jet engine turbine blades when I felt something hit my back. Turned to see what it was and it was a finger from the guy using the cutoff machine.