In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Had to take a break and go look at a bear.

Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,354 ***** Forums Admin
edited August 2008 in General Discussion
My 92 year old neighbor called just a bit ago and said "There's a bear in the yard". I said I would be right up. Grabbed the Warden, the kid and the street howitzer and drove .3 mile up the road to his place. Went in the house and he told us where he had seen it snd which direction it went. We went out into a field and headed toward a band of timber along a creek. Toward the edge of the field there are some blackberry bushes growing around old stumps. Pretty soon I spotted his ears poking up over some bushes. We were on one side of an old growth fir stump and could see the bushed wiggling around on the other side of the stump. We stood still and let the bear work his way around the stump. When he came around the stump he was about 40' away. He spotted us and with a big woof bolted for the timber.
It was kinda neat for the kid, she's 12 and only ever seen two bears.

Comments