In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Fast track $ 3.2 million per familiy

Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2015 in General Discussion
About twice the average payout to families of the victims of the terrorist attacks of 11 September, 2001.

I do question (actually I don't, but my reasoning is cynical) why the Federal Government is jumping in with this money.

http://www.dcclothesline.com/2015/06/26/charleston-obama-doj-fastracks-payout-of-over-3-2-million-per-each-victim-family/
Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele

Comments

• Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't understand why the Federal Government would give them a dime. I feel for the family's and I cannot even imagine the pain they are going through but why would they get $$$ from the Feds?

I can see their insurance company payout. The Church they were members of passing the hat for them even the city or the community having some event to raise money for the funeral but to pay out several million dollars of tax payers money, I don't get it.

It must be because I have a low IQ a tractor and I am a Racist loser.
    RLTW

• fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    What did the families of the last 9 soldiers that died get fast tracked to them??[V]
  • JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    what about my kin folk who were raped murdered and had their property stolen and houses and farms burned to the ground by the yankee army?

Where is my $3.2m?
  • Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,455 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    BS [:(!]
    no freeking way should the tax payers give one dime
    insurance , donations , sue the perp . the government ( or tax payers ) do not own them nothing ,
    I do feel sorry for the families and there loss is beyond words
    but this is just BS .
    giving them the money is just going to add to the hate of the government and blacks JMHO for special treatment ,
    what about all the service people who loose the life in combat .
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    An unknown portion of the money will be sent under the US national Crime Victim Assistance Formula Grant program, and may be used to provide services to the shooting victims' families, the DOJ's Lewis said.

Translation: Govt. Grant Money is Govt. Money obtained some damn where.
  • catgunguycatgunguy Member Posts: 6,089
    edited November -1
    If your black and get killed, the people have to pay. If your white your families get charged for the internment fee. Seems reasonable? I guess only white people are slaves. I think we need reparation.
  • guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by JnRockwall
    what about my kin folk who were raped murdered and had their property stolen and houses and farms burned to the ground by the yankee army?

Where is my $3.2m?

What's your address....I'll send you a check.
  • JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I prefer US Postal Money Orders.
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishkiller41
    What did the families of the last 9 soldiers that died get fast tracked to them??[V]

Exactly, what kind of bullsqueeze is this?
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm just thinking that Federal Dollars would not be flowing so quickly had it been, say, a Morman Church.

Brad Steele
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus
    I'm just thinking that Federal Dollars would not be flowing so quickly had it been, say, a Morman Church.

I can't imagine why you'd think that way.
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    easy to figure...buying votes with other peoples money...painless
  • OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't care how much money, any victim, of any crime, gets, it won't bring them back to their loved ones. Having said that, this is outrageous and very infuriating to a lot of us. It is our money, not theirs. My son got crap from our government, county or state, when he was kidnapped and sexually assaulted. They didn't cover one cent of any treatment he got. Donna and I paid for it out of our pockets for years, with little help from our medical insurance. Screw our government and screw the justice system in the state of NJ. I have zero respect for any of our justice dept here in NJ. They can all rot in hell. John
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shilowar
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus

I can't imagine why you'd think that way.

[:)]

Brad Steele
  • bigcitybillbigcitybill Member Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't see where in the article it states that the families will recieve any cash.
    It just points out the fact that 29m ? 9 = 3.2m per victim.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bigcitybill
    I don't see where in the article it states that the families will recieve any cash.

The first sentence of the article:

On the late afternoon of Friday June 19 the Obama Justice Department led by new Attorney General Loretta Lynch announced it will "fast track" $29 million to victim families of the June 17 shooting at the Emmanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church in Charleston South Carolina, Reuters reports.

You may be right, I guess. Other reports state that the money will be sent to South Carolina, though not specifically stating whether it is to the State itself, the city, or the individuals.

Brad Steele
  • US Military GuyUS Military Guy Member Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bigcitybill

From the article -

". . . announced it will "fast track" $29 million to victim families . . ."

". . . funds are intended to "help families of victims . . ."

Probably not cash.

The government doesn't like us to use cash.

Most likely a check (or postal money order [:D]) or a direct deposit.
  • skicatskicat Member Posts: 14,431
    edited November -1
    I don't understand the justification for this at all. The inmates are controlling the asylum.
    edited November -1
    The DC Clothesline article takes some liberties with the actual Reuters story:

"WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The Justice Department will fast track the sending of $29 million to South Carolina to help families of victims
    of the mass murder of nine churchgoers at a historic black church in Charleston, a Justice Department spokesman said on Friday.

An unspecified portion of the money, allocated under the government's national Crime Victim Assistance Formula Grant program,
    can be used to provide services to the families of victims of the shootings at Emmanuel AME Church, spokesman Kevin Lewis said."

Looks to me more like feds sending money to state government to expand another federal entitlement program.

The DC Clothesline is just spinning it a different way.

Sending money "to South Carolina to help the families" is not the same as "sending money to the families".
  • SperrySperry Member Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What did the Oklahoma City bombing victims get?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Sperry
    What did the Oklahoma City bombing victims get?

Blown up.
  • Missouri Mule K30Missouri Mule K30 Member Posts: 2,092 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Simply Incredible...The current administration of the United States is nothing more than a bunch of modern day Carpetbaggers...Not only that but if a person says anything against what "they" do then you are labeled a bigot or race hater. Just think if the war of northern aggression would of ended differently.
  • mango tangomango tango Member Posts: 3,833 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Someone was shot and killed in Chicago today, when can they expect their $3.2 million? Oh wait, they were killed by a black guy, does that matter?
  • 4627046270 Member Posts: 12,627
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishkiller41

What about our soldiers killed, they only get their insurance,
    What about the 4 killed in Libya? This was the fault of our government, bet they got the big ole goose egg!