In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Back to the other hobby for awhile.

Mr. FriendlyMr. Friendly Member Posts: 7,981
edited December 2009 in General Discussion
I am headed back to the shop Wednesday to complete the last projects I have out there, since my house is now complete.

Going to convert my 92 supra to rhd, get rid of the lexus v8 and go back the route of the jz

Complete my tt sc300

Perhaps a rhd 98 supra tt conversion?

Going to have some fun, and back away from firearms a bit I think.

Comments

• Warpig883Warpig883 Member Posts: 6,459
    edited November -1
    Sign me up for the firearms give away.
    Thanks[:D]

I know the feeling. I have quite a few hobbies myself. I have been spending the $ on motorcycles and have only bought a couple guns in the past year.
  • Mr. FriendlyMr. Friendly Member Posts: 7,981
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Warpig883
    Sign me up for the firearms give away.
    Thanks[:D]

I know the feeling. I have quite a few hobbies myself. I have been spending the $ on motorcycles and have only bought a couple guns in the past year.
    funny, I do not mind going 180 in a car, but the thought of buying a motorcycle sounds like death to me lol.

A variety of hobbies is nice to have for sure.
  • Jacob2008Jacob2008 Member Posts: 19,528 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    whoa whoa whoa.. rid of the lexus... have you lost your mind? That'd be like saying "Yeah, I shot the ferrari with a slug today." ...

However, please do take pics of the rhd conversions for me... ESPECIALLY on the 98, if you were to do it to it.. Or pics of the 98 in general. I dont think I have seen it. I need some slobber on this new computer!
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Friendly
    DSC_0219.jpg[}:)]
    Nice. I'm diggin it.

I have a feeling I would pass out in your garage.
  • SuburbanNoizeSuburbanNoize Member Posts: 10,142
    edited November -1
    You and me both J!
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by SuburbanNoize
    You and me both J!
    need some guages? I have a few greddy 60mm on the shelf lol
    edited November -1
    You and me both J!

Ive got a wideband brand new in the box I have yet to install! Had it for about 1.5 months now. Mr Friendly you should make it down to sunny florida for one of the supra dyno days, theyre always a great event and you get to network with other supra owners.
    edited November -1
    You and me both J!

Ive got a wideband brand new in the box I have yet to install! Had it for about 1.5 months now. Mr Friendly you should make it down to sunny florida for one of the supra dyno days, theyre always a great event and you get to network with other supra owners.
    I have a house off atlantic blvd. Daytona Beach.....
    IMG_2469.jpg
    edited November -1
    Here are some from my house garage;
    DSC_0232.jpg

DSC_0233.jpg

DSC_0234.jpg
    edited November -1
    Just like my garage. Packed with random car stuff.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Tampa-Supra-Dyno-Day-2009_704233.htm

Why dont you come on down from daytona and get your self an Induction Performance tune from Mr. Alpha!?
    edited November -1
    Just like my garage. Packed with random car stuff.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Tampa-Supra-Dyno-Day-2009_704233.htm

Why dont you come on down from daytona and get your self an Induction Performance tune from Mr. Alpha!?

because I road tune all my own cars lol. I cannot stand the thought of other people touching what I built. I drive people nuts when they strap my car on the dyno.

Me and other Supra owners tend to not get along. I call bs all the time, and slap some of them around for their attitudes. All in all I find it difficult to tolerate the majority of Supra owners, and vice versa
    edited November -1
    Self tuning for the win! I wish I could force myself to sit down and learn to tune. Tuning is such a pain in the * and expensive. From the little I have read its all about analyzing data. But, I would hate myself if I ended up burning up the rings or having too much detonation or just messing up something in general. I do find the random supra owner who likes to be a jerk off, but all in all, most of the ones ive met have been nice people.
    edited November -1
    Party @ MF's house! Cover charge of $20 to be made payable to Jacob. [:D][:D]
    edited November -1
    Self tuning for the win! I wish I could force myself to sit down and learn to tune. Tuning is such a pain in the * and expensive. From the little I have read its all about analyzing data. But, I would hate myself if I ended up burning up the rings or having too much detonation or just messing up something in general. I do find the random supra owner who likes to be a jerk off, but all in all, most of the ones ive met have been nice people.

Lean is mean........for a minute.

You will only blow one up, I promise lol. The problem with tuning on a dyno is you really cannot duplicate the real world conditions of driving under load. I am not sold on some of the new technology, but I tend to stay away from it anyway. It is a fun hobby to me, and I like to see things through from start to finish, so I only have myself to blame.

Force yourself to learn the procedure, just start out with something really safe, and edge your way in slowly. As long as you have plenty of fuel, and do not have your timing way advanced you will be ok.
    edited November -1

You will only blow one up, I promise lol. The problem with tuning on a dyno is you really cannot duplicate the real world conditions of driving under load. I am not sold on some of the new technology, but I tend to stay away from it anyway. It is a fun hobby to me, and I like to see things through from start to finish, so I only have myself to blame.

Force yourself to learn the procedure, just start out with something really safe, and edge your way in slowly. As long as you have plenty of fuel, and do not have your timing way advanced you will be ok.

I guess it cant be that hard, Were using Hondata s300 and it datalogs very easily. I guess once you datalog, its all a matter of tweaking whatever you need to tweak and datalogging some more to make sure the A/Fs are all good.
    edited November -1

I guess it cant be that hard, Were using Hondata s300 and it datalogs very easily. I guess once you datalog, its all a matter of tweaking whatever you need to tweak and datalogging some more to make sure the A/Fs are all good.
    Hondata is about as simple as it gets, and the data logging feature is invaluable.

The hardest part about doing anything is taking the risk and doing it the first time for yourself. Once you get over that hurdle you will be amazed at how fast you progress with it, and start helping others.
    edited November -1
    Im going to start reading on tuning techniques. I know some tuners like to pull alot of timing, others like to run rich for safety. I guess i can mess around with our all motor car before I start trying to tune the boosted car. Dang you Mr. Friendly, Now im trying to learn to powdercoat and tune!
    edited November -1
    Im going to start reading on tuning techniques. I know some tuners like to pull alot of timing, others like to run rich for safety. I guess i can mess around with our all motor car before I start trying to tune the boosted car. Dang you Mr. Friendly, Now im trying to learn to powdercoat and tune!

What system you using to p/c? You have an oven, or are you using lights?
    edited November -1

What system you using to p/c? You have an oven, or are you using lights?

No idea on any of that yet. Ive been looking to start a business for a while now, and it just clicked. We have an amazing powder coater but he lives in Brooksville, and almost everyone else live in Pinellas County or Tampa so I would be closer than him. Hes well established and does awesome work, but im closer to the customers and I believe with practice I can do a good job. And I can work out of my friend Terrys established performance car shop. So his customers can very well be my customers as well.
  • 4627046270 Member Posts: 12,627
    edited November -1
    heres my project 1967 mustang coupe 351C 4V 4 Spd, the only problem is I mighgt not be able to install the package, I am getting the last components for my hyrdaulic clutch.
    IMGP0376.jpg
    IMGP0378.jpg
    IMGP0377.jpg
    edited November -1
    ^Nice Stang. Get er running!
  • bama55bama55 Member Posts: 6,389 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If only I had the $$$$. I loved motor work/hot rodding back in the 70's. Kept me broke though. Worked midnight shift. Tinkered with a Quadra-Jet carb for my 350. I should have written down all that I did to it. Finally got it where the 4v (back *) would open as quick or quicker than the Holley Spread-Bore. Very little hesitation when you punched it.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 46270
    heres my project 1967 mustang coupe 351C 4V 4 Spd, the only problem is I mighgt not be able to install the package, I am getting the last components for my hyrdaulic clutch.
    IMGP0376.jpg
    IMGP0378.jpg
    IMGP0377.jpg
    Bring it down and we will make a weekend of it! If you need my labor I will gladly donate it for a vet.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bama55
    If only I had the $$$$. I loved motor work/hot rodding back in the 70's. Kept me broke though. Worked midnight shift. Tinkered with a Quadra-Jet carb for my 350. I should have written down all that I did to it. Finally got it where the 4v (back *) would open as quick or quicker than the Holley Spread-Bore. Very little hesitation when you punched it.
    Good carb work is a lost art. I am in the dark when it comes to working on them. Everything I have is fi, or converted shortly after acquiring [:D]
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Next time you come to Daytona let me know.
    Maybe we could have a few cold ones somewhere along your route.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Marc1301
    Definately Marc!
    edited November -1
    Going to ok to pick this up tomorrow

IMG_0155Large.jpg
    edited November -1
    Whats that^?

Heres a little video of what happens after the supra meet/dyno days.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/1-NIGHT-OF-RACING_722917.htm
    edited November -1
    That my friend is a 7,000 mile 1994 supra tt 6-speed [:D]
    edited November -1
    Got em hatin! [:)]
  • bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    all that money and work and someone with more money and gadgets beats you by 1/1000th of a second.

i never could figure the lure of it all.[:(]
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • 4627046270 Member Posts: 12,627
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Marc1301
    Definately Marc!

if you ever get in the jax area or up to fernandina let me know.