In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Maryland Senate passes sweeping gun ban

ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭
edited March 2013 in General Discussion
http://m.washingtonexaminer.com/maryland-senate-passes-gun-restrictions/article/2522838#.US_vXRpZ5QQ

Passed your Senate. I'm sorry guys..looks like your House will probably pass this. And your Gov will most likely sign it.

Comments

• Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    We've been lucky so far in Wa! MD folks need to show up armed on the capitol's doorstep!
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We did dodge a bullet only for the fact the idjits in Olympia failed to even read the bill they tried to shove down our throats. The WA assault weapon bill was rewritten and resubmitted but it died in committee. But there is talk of an initiative being put on the Nov ballot. HB1588 is still being considered(universal background checks). As of Feb 22 it was passed to the Rules Committee for a second reading.
  • gregwgregw Member Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    And coming soon to a state near you. It can happen so please do not be so nieve to think it cant...This is getting serious nation wide and all because irresponsible SOB's have to g oout and kill people.
  • 1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Whats an assault pistol ?

They are making this crap up as they go along
  • nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Who cares? Maryland has now outlawed "Copycat Weapons". The idiots in the General Assembly are even admitting that the way a gun looks is the most important feature.

Neal
  • laylandadlaylandad Member Posts: 961 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I guess this means Beretta will be looking to move.
  • trapguy2007trapguy2007 Member Posts: 8,959
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by laylandad

Look for it .
    From what I have read Beretta does not bluff .
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    blatant step toward tyrannical control.
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • ltslts Member Posts: 811 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Little brother is gonna be pissed off like me in NY.....
  • theranger1theranger1 Member Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good luck...
    Gonna see a lot of gun MFR's in the N East packing and moving down south to Texas, Oklahoma.
  • countryfarmercountryfarmer Member Posts: 4,552
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by laylandad

Kentucky will welcome them in.
  • Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    Good Lord.

Makes Colorado Democrats look like Ted Nugent!
    edited November -1
    I don't think these anti gun politicians care for one second if Beretta left MD, if Colt left CT or Remington left NY. They probably would say good riddance even with the lost jobs & tax revenue. If I were a gun maker I'd seriously start thinking of making a move.
  • stegsteg Member Posts: 871 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ruger41
    I don't think these anti gun politicians care for one second if Beretta left MD, if Colt left CT or Remington left NY. They probably would say good riddance even with the lost jobs & tax revenue. If I were a gun maker I'd seriously start thinking of making a move.

Colt already has manufacturing facilities near Orlando, Fla.
  • retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How many does that finally make now... ?
  • retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 1911a1fan
    Whats an assault pistol ?

They are making this crap up as they go along
    It's when you "Pistol Whip" some knucklehead... You done 'assault pistol'ed him... [:D]

But then 'gain... Did he need it ? Or did you jus'enjoy givin'it to 'im... ?
    If'n he 'needed' it... Then you "Pistol Whipped" him.
    If'n you jus'enjoyed it... Then He was 'assault pistol'ed... Makes a difference.
  • Waco WaltzWaco Waltz Member Posts: 10,828 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    We did dodge a bullet only for the fact the idjits in Olympia failed to even read the bill they tried to shove down our throats. The WA assault weapon bill was rewritten and resubmitted but it died in committee. But there is talk of an initiative being put on the Nov ballot. HB1588 is still being considered(universal background checks). As of Feb 22 it was passed to the Rules Committee for a second reading.

I bet it died in committee because they saw the protestors getting out in public.
  • oldemagicsoldemagics Member Posts: 5,821 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:State police would have authority to check gun dealers' inventory to determine whether guns were sold to disqualified purchasers.

now the allknowing gov. drones know by what is in stock if something was sold illegally?

quote:Amendments to toughen penalties for criminals who use guns were defeated during debate.

'nuff siad... [:(]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Waco Waltz

I bet it died in committee because they saw the protestors getting out in public.

More due to their offices being deluged with emails & phone calls over the provision in the bill that allowed warrantless search of your home once a year by LE to check your "assault weapons" .