In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

357 sig

combatinccombatinc Member Posts: 77 ✭✭
edited October 2014 in General Discussion
What are your thought on a 357 sig? Looking at one but don't know alot about the round. Thanks for you input[:D]

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Anyone know of a factory load heavier than the Hornady and Double Tap 147gr?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ammunition depot has some good prices on range ammo in 357 SIG, comes out to about 30 cents a round which is not too bad.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    A fellow worker at the shop said it's not much fun too shoot (too much recoil) and doesn't offer much in terms of ballistics. What do y'all think?

signew.JPG
    1ashcroft05-07-02.jpg
    "The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long..."
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Is the 357 sig better than a .45? And if it is, in what ways?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    My Wife got me a new to me used G32 here on GB while I was gone. I ordered 500 rds of CCI Lawman ammo 125gr FMJ @1350 fps to test the piece.

I have not shot many 40 S&W's so I was not expecting the recoil, blast and snappyness(If thats a word[;)]) of the gun. I was thinking of replacing my G19 with this as my carry gun. I put 100 rds out of it on steel only. I like it but my follow up is not as fast as with a G19 or G34 but its hits with authority.

In centerfire handguns I shoot about mostly 9mm with a mix of 45 acp, 41 and 44 magnum, I don't own a 40 cal.

Anyone shoot this number or carry it?

You thoughts are appreciated.

FWIW I like the gun(I like Glocks), it is accurate and after I work on iut the trigger will be fine. The gun is a TX Highway patrol gun and I plan on replacing the springs before I shoot it a lot.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    looking at 2 pistols any feedback on any of them first the glock 32 and the sig sp2022 both chambered for the 357 sig
  • Options
    xxx97xxx97 Member Posts: 5,721
    edited November -1
    Glock and sig you can't go wrong...I don't see much 357 sig ammo around these parts...
  • Options
    bigoutsidebigoutside Member Posts: 19,443
    edited November -1
    Sp2022 can be easily converted to .40
    They are solid polymer framed pistols.

Don't know about ability to drop in another barrel on the glock.
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,026 ******
    edited November -1
    I have a SIG Pro and love it. I have both barrels, .357sig & the .40s&w. Barrel swap is the only thing I have to do to change caliber.

And,I don't like glocks. JMO
  • Options
    RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    I have a SP2022, excellent pistol.

I don't know about the Glock 32, but I do know that the Glock 22 will convert to .357 Sig with a simple barrel swap. Same magazine and recoil setup.

Same same with Glock 31, in reverse.
  • Options
    JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    glock 23 can be converted to 9mm and 357sig. 1 gun 2 barrels 3 calibers. 357s and .40 use same mags. 9mm will require the adition of a mag.
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,026 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by JnRockwall
    glock 23 can be converted to 9mm and 357sig. 1 gun 2 barrels 3 calibers. 357s and .40 use same mags. 9mm will require the adition of a mag.
    but,its still a glock,,
  • Options
    mango tangomango tango Member Posts: 3,833 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    SIG, hands down!
  • Options
    IdahoboundIdahobound Member Posts: 20,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Another vote for the Sig
  • Options
    tsavo303tsavo303 Member Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    find a used 229 or 226 in .357 you can get deals from CDNN or here when available
    better than either the 2022 or the glock
    glock kicks much harder than the sig in .357
    id still pick it over the 2022.
  • Options
    legearlegear Member Posts: 6,716
    edited November -1
    I've been seeing a lot of .357sig ammo with Sigs logo on it, so much it's like they are trying to reintroduce the caliber.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    yes I been seeing a lot in my area not sure why a lot of people are saying hard to get
  • Options
    ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,647 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Love my Gen 3 Glock 32. I'm late to the party on owning a Glock but I'm hooked. Love the caliber too. Ammo is not as easy to find as cheap as 9mm but sheesh it's not like trying to find real oddball ammo like say 9mm Federal, 9mm Win Mag or .356TSW.
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A co-worker has carried a Glock 33 for several years as a back up. It's got a snappy recoil.
  • Options
    JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by montanajoe
    quote:Originally posted by JnRockwall
    but,its still a glock,,

True.

Let me remind you how all 1911 owners feel but wont admit it:

http://youtu.be/_ENZioGLjMI
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,309 ******
    edited November -1
    Can't go wrong with either IMO. The Glock has perhaps a better bang/buck ratio than does the SIG, but either will serve you quite well.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    xxx97xxx97 Member Posts: 5,721
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect
    Can't go wrong with either IMO. The Glock has perhaps a better bang/buck ratio than does the SIG, but either will serve you quite well.
    +1...
  • Options
    NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have two P-229's one a .357sig and a .40 S&W. I love the .357 sig it's a great caliber reaching near 10MM power s. Also have a Glock 31 357.sig and like it as well, just wish this ammo thing would go away. Ammo is expensive.
  • Options
    A J ChristA J Christ Member Posts: 7,534
    edited November -1
    Pretty easy to make your own brass from 40 S&W. Just resize run it through a 357 SIG resizing die. Be sure its the correct length and you are good to go. Been doing it for a few years, no problems. Be sure the length is correct.
  • Options
    ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,647 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    IMG_20140913_162645_zpsfecpkp9m.jpg

I like the 147 grain Hornady XTP load that goes out at 1225fps/490ft lbs. I want to try the Buffalo Bore 125 grain that goes over 1400fps/564ft lbs.