In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Washington D.C. trip--pic heavy

ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
A few years ago I took a trip to D.C. to see the memorials and some other places. I also got to go inside the Pentagon(if you have a family member who is a MoH recipient you can get a tour) to the Hall of Heros where they have a memorial for Medal of Honor recipients of which my uncle Frankie Z. Molnar is one(posthoumously). Thought I'd share some pics and it was COLDDDDDDD in Feb. Interesting to note that inside the Pentagon they have TONS of memorabilia from many wars, almost like a mini museum.

e874.jpg
Vietnam Memorial Wall
6884.jpg
2a55.jpg

b146.jpg
Hall of Hero's
8282.jpg
15f5.jpg

8ad7.jpg
General MacArthurs pistol.
2a6e.jpg
The Japanese Surrender document
77c4.jpg
Moro Weapons from the Phillipine Campaign
4123.jpg
yep this is inside the Pentagon

13b8.jpg

f6d5.jpg
view from inside the Washington Memorial(very high up)
8d69.jpg

f4c3.jpg
Lincoln Memorial

4e4d.jpg
White House

c64a.jpg
9d46.jpg
eda4.jpg

2025.jpg
f69d.jpg
Mt. Vernon

39d9.jpg
Stonewall Jackson

960f.jpg
44d9.jpg
a535.jpg

Love or Hate the NRA but they do have an awesome gun museum that is free to the public-I would highly recommend seeing it.
188b.jpg
a837.jpg
bece.jpg
from the Teddy Roosevelt wing.

e65e.jpg
03d8.jpg

91fd.jpg

7f71.jpg
e09b.jpg

These pics were taken around 2002-I did go to lots of other places in and around D.C. as well. I think it should definately be on anyones short list of places to visit in this country for all the history. Thanks for viewing-I know it was a lot of pics[:D]

Comments

• M1GarandloverM1Garandlover Member Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cool, thank you for sharing
  • Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,697 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Very nice, thanks for sharing!!

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    you're welcome--i went to the Smithsonian too but didn't get to see all of it. There is also a Spy Museum across from the FBI that is very fun. Also went to Ford's Theater which is much smaller than I expected.
  • susiesusie Member Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Very nice photos. I find it ironic that the powers in DC now sit ready to attempt to remove our 2nd Amendment rights, yet pay homage to firearms and their impact on our heritage.[V]
  • SGSG Member Posts: 7,548
    edited November -1
    Nice pics ruger! I wouyld really like to visit DC again.Its been almost 25yrs since I was there on a 5th grade fieldtrip.
  • jon ojon o Member Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Great trip!! Great pics!! Thanks!![^]
    edited November -1
    I have an excuse to go back--my wife has never been and my twins to be born will need to go.
  • jeffie076jeffie076 Member Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    GREAT PICS tHANKS FOR SHARING.
    edited November -1
    One other nice thing about visiting D.C. is you can pretty much walk to all of the monuments and many of the museums--the NRA museum, Mt. Vernon and Manassas Battlefield were the only things that we couldn't just walk to. The one nice thing about visiting in the winter was there were very few people out because of the snow so there were no lines to deal with. George Washington really picked a beautiful spot for his home.