In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Snowden & NSA

ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,647 ✭✭✭
edited October 2015 in General Discussion
Just watched a two part documentary on Netflix called United States of Secrets. It's about Snowden and some other whistleblowers and the NSA spying on Americans. I know some of you here believe Snowden to be a traitor. Watch the documentary and come back with a straight face and tell me you think he is still one. If anyone is a traitor when it comes to the Program (NSA name for it) it would be Dick Cheney first and foremost along with the former and current POTUS. The things they did and are doing is reprehensible. The spying & data mining along with many internet companies going along with it was sickening to me. And the two guys who started Google.....you two are scumbags.

Comments

• Options
    TxsTxs Member Posts: 18,801
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ruger41
    The spying & data mining along with many internet companies going along with it was sickening to me. And the two guys who started Google.....you two are scumbags.
    Now try moving beyond Netflix.

With you referring to internet companies and Google you appear unfamiliar with the close relationship news/communications companies around the world have always had with intelligence agencies.

It's really no secret these sorts of companies have been turning over information to governments since electronic comms have existed, whether out of a sense of patriotism or seeking favoritism and self gain. Any major communications company in the world who claims they've never engaged in this is lying.

That's how things have always been and it would be na?ve to expect any different - internet or not.
  • Options
    ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,647 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm familiar with them being in bed together...it just pisses me off that they are willing to do it. A company giving up personal info of it's customers to the Government with no warrant is wrong.