In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

WTB Colt .45 1911 Magazines in Bulk $20.000.00

mparmy33rdmparmy33rd Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited July 2007 in General Discussion
I am looking for a direct source to purchase a large discount quantity of .45 magazines for the full size 1911 Pistol ~ Looking to spend $15.00.00 to $20.000.00 ~ I have seen these mags with the military stamp spring plate and the Colt .45 stamped spring plate at the local gun shows ~ cant find the source ~ any leads would be greatly appreciated ~ Thank you

Comments

• Options
    dkb2003dkb2003 Member Posts: 816 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ive seen them and bought them...not sure where to get to the source. There are plenty here in OHIO but not sure where they are from...By the why, just bought the 1911 Tauras,,,,,,WOW, thought i was shooting a colt, Then again i am a good shooter[:p][:p][:p]
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i have about 5 of them i'm willing to let go at that price[:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks ~ but i am looking for a but load ha ha [:)]
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mparmy33rd
    Thanks ~ but i am looking for a but load ha ha [:)]
    I can tripple his 5![:D]
  • Options
    dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    In those quantities, you should be able to buy directly from any of the major manufactures.
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,747 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The crap on Feabay is from China,,,,,Colt markings and all. Seller sells them by the boatload...thought was illegal! nambu
  • Options
    DocDoc Member Posts: 13,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree that contacting Colt, or Springfield Armory, or any manufacturer of 1911 pattern pistols might prove worthwhile for an order that large.

It's none of my business I guess, but why do you need $20,000 worth of 1911 magazines?
    ....................................................................................................
    Too old to live...too young to die...
  • Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,674 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    you know....the auction side has plenty...also e-flav....but he has chosen to contact the FORUMS to find mags.....hmmmmmmm
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    whiteclouderwhiteclouder Member Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Locust Fork
    you know....the auction side has plenty...also e-flav....but he has chosen to contact the FORUMS to find mags.....hmmmmmmm

Yeah, obviously a commmie plot to----to
    well, it just looks suspicious. Day-um, how can I get a piece of that 20K?[;)]

Clouder..
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Looking to start an internet based business selling the .45 clips and the ar-15 clips / they seem to be the most popular selling clips out there. Looking to buy direct and keep the savings in my pocket.
  • Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,674 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You have to get a business license....call a bunch of vendors (CDNN, Ellet brothers, Chatanooga Shooting Supplies, RSR, Bangers, Century, Henrys, and others)....get them to send you some mags....and then list them for sale on the auction side. Its not hard to do it like everyone else has.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    MosinNagantDiscipleMosinNagantDisciple Member Posts: 2,612
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mparmy33rd
    Looking to start an internet based business selling the .45 clips and the ar-15 clips / they seem to be the most popular selling clips out there. Looking to buy direct and keep the savings in my pocket.

Remember, they are called mags, not clips. Clips are those old things they put into Garands, or load Mosin Nagants with.

Just trying to help you stay legitimate.
  • Options
    CHGOTHNDERCHGOTHNDER Member Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Call Cheaper Than Dirt, they'll be more than willing to take your money. And they have the resources to find the for you.
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,531 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Are you looking to carry cheap crappy 1911 mags or are you looking to carry high quality mags?

If carrying the junk mags your going to have to complete against the likes of Cheaper N Dirt and every other mass catalog house out there.

I immagine if you had a resellers tax ID you could contact Wilson and carry their 47D magazines. Or Chip McCormic and do the same.
  • Options
    hoosierhoosier Member Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Triple K sell 1911 magazines, Cheap. $ 9.00 ea In quantity you get 30-50% off that. But... they are cheap. Think they are made in Mexico.
    Magazines, Gun Parts and More. US Army Veteran, VFW, NRA Patron
  • Options
    edited November -1
    [:)] Thank You very much to all who have replied [8D]