In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

PA 500 at Pocono

sst531sst531 Member Posts: 485 ✭✭✭
edited August 2010 in General Discussion
Ought to be interesting with Tony Stewart on the pole and his good friend Juan Pablo Montoya right there with him.

Comments

• Options
    MaaloxMaalox Member Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Should be a good race, as far as NASCAR goes. I'll start the day by watching the Redbull guys blow away the competition in Budapest [8D]
    Regards, MAALOX
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Maalox
    Should be a good race, as far as NASCAR goes. I'll start the day by watching the Redbull guys blow away the competition in Budapest [8D]

the Pocono race is in my backyard and I could not care less.

Love F1, but the hungaroring isn't the greatest race in the series.

Hope Webber kicks some German and British *[:D]
  • Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    Pocono is a cool track layout.All 3 turns and straits are totally different.
    They used to even have to use 3rd. gear there....
    Do they still have to shift,or have they found a way around that now?
  • Options
    roswellnativeroswellnative Member Posts: 10,124 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    wowIBTL!!!!!!!!!1
    Although always described as a cowboy, Roswellnative generally acts as a righter of wrongs or bodyguard of some sort, where he excels thanks to his resourcefulness and incredible gun prowesses.
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,934 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I love that camera shot that shows them coming down the long front stretch and going four wide, very cool.
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Had some right fronts blow out yesterday...
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Go Tony! Shouldn't take too long for Jose I mean Juan to loose his cool and crash or get taken out my one of his many friends. Sure hope that 14 is setup for the long runs!
  • Options
    butchlambertbutchlambert Member Posts: 94 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    What state is Budapest in and do they run Fordges?
    Go Smoke!
    Butch
  • Options
    HandLoadHandLoad Member Posts: 15,998
    edited November -1
    Pffft-F1 High Dollar, High Speed Parade. Buncha Nancy Boys/Girly Men simpering around the Champange, alluvem with Furrin Names You cain't speak.

Now, NASCAR, Now That's Racin'!!!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by HandLoad
    Pffft-F1 High Dollar, High Speed Parade. Buncha Nancy Boys/Girly Men simpering around the Champange, alluvem with Furrin Names You cain't speak.

Now, NASCAR, Now That's Racin'!!!!!

yeah, that's why NASCAR is crying the blues, with massive drops in attendance and TV rating.

And Formula 1 is going to build a track in, gasp, TEXAS.

YEP, "that's racin'"

NOT

[:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yeah, well I've been watching F1 since Masten Gregory and Jimmy Clark days, and NASCAR, too. I KNOW that NASCAR is More Competetive, and more fun to watch.

F1 is Good for technology, and is OK to watch. I've shook hands with Colin Chapman, and eat Lunch with Innes Ireland. I been in a car with Stirling Moss, before the "Sir" and talked to Mario Andretti before he was World Champion.

I still like NASCAR (and WOO) better. Closer racing, and more Competetive.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by HandLoad
    Yeah, well I've been watching F1 since Masten Gregory and Jimmy Clark days, and NASCAR, too. I KNOW that NASCAR is More Competetive, and more fun to watch.

I think F1 is more competitive, less races, and your biggest rival is your team-mate.

If you've watched it since the days of Jim Clark, you know how dangerous it was, and how it's improved to where fatalites are very rare anymore (more in NASCAR than F1 since Senna's death in 1994).

F1 is cutting edge tech, NASCAR is looking at , what, mechanical fuel injection?

F1 needs a good US venue like Watkins Glen BITD, and good US drivers like Gurney, Hill, and Andretti to spark interest in what is ther greatest racing venue in he world IMHO.

JMHO
  • Options
    butchlambertbutchlambert Member Posts: 94 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like Formula 1, but it never made it in the USA in the past. It is so expensive to get the cars and teams over here and with the other expenses, I don't believe they will be here yearly.
    Butch
  • Options
    partisanpartisan Member Posts: 6,414
    edited November -1
    Last week I lost about an hour at the end of my NHRA races! All the finals! They cut the drag races to show a girls softball game! WTH is this world coming to??[:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yeah, I gotta hand it to F1, No Contest, about Technology - and that is part of the problem, IMHO...It makes the Racing Programs OMG Expensive, and you end up with One, Sometimes Two, and Very Rarely Three teams with New Stuff. Barring Blowups, and Mistakes, then It means that One team takes everything. YEEEEEOOOW there the leader and the Second Car go by, next to be seen in Three minutes or so.

A High-Speed Parade, with the Team with Qubic Money to spend in the Lead, and Last Year's (or further back) Top Team in Trail. Then there are Three Teams with ALMOST Good Enough, and the "POOR" Teams that are just hoping for a few Points. YEEEOOOOOYEOOOOOOOW there they went by - you actually had an eyeball on them for Twelve whole seconds!!! WOW!.

They ae using Technology that You will NEVER SEE in any car You can afford (Oval CYLINDERS, AIR SPRING Valvetrain, EXOTIC materials, etc).

NASCAR, yes is still using Carburetors, and Pushrods, Fer Heavens Sake! Yep, in both of My Cars. Gasoline - Yep, In My Car.

You can go to most NASCAR tracks, and see the cars for the Majority of the Lap! You can see Attempted Passes, Advertent and Inadvertent Bumps, Skids, and Just Balls-Out Manhood Competing shoulder-to-shoulder. Tickets to NASCAR races are LOTS Cheaper than to F1 events. NASCAR Drivers will talk to you. At any Given NASCAR Race, there are Ten or Fifteen Possible Winners, and Four (or more) Teams than might just pull it off.

Then there is the "HOME TEAM" effect - Fans Like to have Someone from Nearby to root for. A Driver from their State or Region - they might even have a choice of NASCAR Drivers from their region.

I could Easily go to Five or Six NASCAR Races without too much for Travel, even in "MY" Region (The NorthBest).

F1 requires you to be at the Income Level of a Corporate Officer in order to visit more than one Race a Year. IIRC, we have never had as many as THREE F1 races on The North American Continent during any Year In My Lifetime.

Sorry, I think most folks Like NASCAR better. Yes, I like F1, but I enjoy NASCAR (and WOO) Much more than F1.
  • Options
    HWT FIREARMSHWT FIREARMS Member Posts: 605 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1