In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Fake guard walks off with half mil

andrewsw16andrewsw16 Member Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭
edited December 2015 in General Discussion
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/greektown-armored-car-robber-walks-away-with-500000/36683078

I'd say the armored car driver is going to jail first and will flip on his accomplice. Loomis company says the robbery location was not on his route and he had no business being there. I guess this can happen when you have uneducated minimum wage workers responsible for HUGE piles of cash. [:D]

Comments

• fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    That dude is already in Tahiti. Probably rolling on his hotel room bed,covered in packets of $100 bills!!!
    I KNOW I WOULD BE!![}:)][:D][:D]
  • buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,235 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like an episode of the Sopranos.
  • pip5255pip5255 Member Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    probably a setup and the driver is in on it too.....
    just because you could doesn't mean you should
  • EhlerDaveEhlerDave Member Posts: 5,158 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think they had a setup just like that here in Tulsa this summer. Fake guard walked out with cash, two folks caught the fake dude is still gone.
    Just smile and say nothing, let them guess how much you know.
    edited November -1
    Obviously...I agree.quote:Originally posted by pip5255
    probably a setup and the driver is in on it too.....
  • andrewsw16andrewsw16 Member Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you are an armored truck driver and you want to make it appear as if you got jacked, for heaven's sake do it somewhere on your assigned route. Anything out of the ordinary, like this guy being WAY off route, is going to put you in the spotlight. Also, since just about nowhere in a city is off camera now, have your buddy make it look convincing by pointing a gun or hitting you over the head. This driver is several bulbs short of a chandelier. His lawyer will have him rolling over sooner than a hooker when the fleet's in. He'll get 2 - 5 years and his buddy will get the 20. [:D]
    edited November -1
    His buddy has 500K in unmarked bills.He's LONG GONE. Good luck tracking him down.
  • HWT FIREARMSHWT FIREARMS Member Posts: 605 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I worked for Loomis (poope hole company) for three years. I can see this happening very easily. He grabbed at least 2 bags of cash if not more.