In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Gun Range A 'Muslim Free zone"

hotshoothotshoot Member Posts: 4,227
edited October 2014 in General Discussion
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/gun-range-owner-declares-her-202814682.html

[:D][}:)]

Gun Range Owner Declares Her Business A 'Muslim Free Zone'

Jan Morgan, owner of the Gun Cave Indoor Shooting Range in Hot Springs, Arkansas, published a note on her website Sunday declaring her intention to ban Muslims from her business.

"The Gun Cave Indoor Shooting Range is now a a MUSLIM FREE ZONE," Morgan wrote.

Morgan, who describes herself as a "nationally recognized 2nd Amendment advocate," attributed her decision to the dangerous nature of her business.

"This is a live fire indoor shooting range. People come here to buy, rent, and shoot lethal weapons," wrote Morgan. "In the range, people are shooting guns in close proximity to each other, so my patrons depend on me and my discretion regarding who I allow to shoot beside them. One mistake in judgement on my part could cost innocent people their lives."

Comments

• andrewsw16andrewsw16 Member Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wonder how she plans to know what a person believes. Just as you can't tell a Baptist from a Methodist from a Catholic, being a Muslim isn't something stamped on your forehead. Don't say turban. Lots of Muslims don't wear distinctive headgear and not all turban wearers are Muslims. They may be Hindus or other Asian religions. I guess she could fall back on a fine old tradition of just denying service to someone based on how brown their skin is. [xx(]
  • md1634md1634 Member Posts: 644 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • MG1890MG1890 Member Posts: 4,649
    edited November -1
    Contrary to popular belief, it is not mandatory to believe that all people are equal, all races are equal, or all religions are equal.

Call her whatever you will. I applaude her for having the gnads to do this.
  • Blade SlingerBlade Slinger Member Posts: 5,891
    edited November -1
    She might just lose her head over this deal[:0]
  • 11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    More likely to lose her butt. Operating a business open to the public, but discriminating on the basis of race, national origin or religion? Did not work out well for the guy that did this in Texas last year.
  • 320090T320090T Member Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A pet pig running around, ham sanwichs provided to all shooters, alcohol wipes at every station, etc.
  • Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,184 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by md1634
    bigot.
    hard to know, without more.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
    edited November -1
    What she believes is her own private affair. How she discrimates against members of the public based on religion can and probably will hurt her business.
  • llama girlllama girl Member Posts: 605 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Can we run her for public office and make everywhere a muslim free zone?: The only way to be sure if one is muslim is look at the women. If they wear rags on their heads no entry.

How can you tell if a muslim is a grown up?

They take the diapers of their butts and put them on their heads!
  • captnobodycaptnobody Member Posts: 426 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Did not work out well for the guy that did this in Texas last year.

Really last I heard business is good still links radio ad on his web site.
    http://www.kellersstore.com/guns.html
  • ChetStaffordChetStafford Member Posts: 2,794
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by llama girl
    Can we run her for public office and make everywhere a muslim free zone?: The only way to be sure if one is muslim is look at the women. If they wear rags on their heads no entry.

How can you tell if a muslim is a grown up?

They take the diapers of their butts and put them on their heads!

Her range she can say who shoots there just the same as the government will say you can't have a gun if they choose. Right or wrong their opinion is all that matters
  • grdad45grdad45 Member Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    https://www.facebook.com/JanMorganMedia?ref=br_tf

I know this lady, and she has been legally advised that she is on stable ground. She is a FFL holder, and has been told by the BATFE that even if someone passes the background check, and she feels that the person would be a danger to themselves or any other person, she is within her rights to deny them a firearm, or refuse to rent one to them.
    I say, "Go get 'em Jan!"
  • ChetStaffordChetStafford Member Posts: 2,794
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dennisnielsen
    Good for her. [^]

Make them eat bacon for entry [:)]

Dennis they are mad at the world because they can't eat bacon anyway
  • mango tangomango tango Member Posts: 3,833 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's her business, she can ban whoever she wants! Just like businesses that have a sign that says "No Shirt, No Service" same thing!
  • fideaufideau Member Posts: 11,893 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    She will lose if someone sues.
    Remember the bakery that refused a wedding cake to funnies?
    Remember the folks that hosted weddings in their HOME who refused one for funnies?

They lost.

I don't blame her at all. I would do the same thing.
    But we don't own our property any longer.
    One time we had a revolution over this s@@t.
    edited November -1
    It's probably just some BS she is putting out to cater to local rednecks. How can you discriminate against people for what they think or believe? How would you know? Not all Muslims wear turbans and not all turban wearers are Muslim. Brown with a mid-east name also doesn't make you a Muslim.
  • mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If they don't eat the free Corn dogs no shootingquote:Originally posted by andrewsw16
    I wonder how she plans to know what a person believes. Just as you can't tell a Baptist from a Methodist from a Catholic, being a Muslim isn't something stamped on your forehead. Don't say turban. Lots of Muslims don't wear distinctive headgear and not all turban wearers are Muslims. They may be Hindus or other Asian religions. I guess she could fall back on a fine old tradition of just denying service to someone based on how brown their skin is. [xx(]
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • fideaufideau Member Posts: 11,893 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not all Muslims wear turbans and not all turban wearers are Muslim. Brown with a mid-east name also doesn't make you a Muslim.
    [/quote]

But it could make you dead if you're not.[8D]
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fideau
    She will lose if someone sues.
    Remember the bakery that refused a wedding cake to funnies?
    Remember the folks that hosted weddings in their HOME who refused one for funnies?

They lost.

I don't blame her at all. I would do the same thing.
    But we don't own our property any longer.
    One time we had a revolution over this s@@t.

They ended up closing their Business in Portland Or.
  • MG1890MG1890 Member Posts: 4,649
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by andrewsw16
    It's probably just some BS she is putting out to cater to local rednecks. How can you discriminate against people for what they think or believe? How would you know? Not all Muslims wear turbans and not all turban wearers are Muslim. Brown with a mid-east name also doesn't make you a Muslim.

Easy. Just don't lead them as far!