In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Colt 1911 22 Conversion Magazine?

MG1890MG1890 Member Posts: 4,649
edited May 2015 in General Discussion
So I bought a Colt conversion kit. Does anybody make a magazine that fits?

Comments

• Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,586 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=480527169

I have a Marvel conversion kit and two Colt mags. Pricy for sure
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yikes, right, I have been watching those sell over on the Bay for over 100 bucks a crack. I am really looking for an aftermarket mag to use.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    OK lets make sure what we are talking about. The two major types of 1911 Conversions are the whole pistol Starting with the PRE WW II ACE that came as the entire pistol shorter slide And No floating chamber
    then the military got involved and had a SERVICE MODEL ACE conversion kits as well as Whole pistols then the post WW II conversion kits and then a remake Complete Pistol also called an ACE these all had floating chambers some fixed sights and some adjustable sights Then came the ACE II for series 80 pistols allong with that many aftermarket Conversions some that used Colt Type magazines and others like THE DAY 30 X that had an insert that fit INSIDE any standard 45ACP colt Magazine The Kart that had their magazines and tha marval that would work with colt magazines but with the follower Modified to NOT activate the slide stop. The PRE WAR original two tone Magazine

Can bring $200.00 + in like new condition conversion kits can run $25.00 - $75.00 with pinned bottom but the ACE II is different again. What vintage is your conversion kit.?

EDIT OK I cant go to the bay tonight but $50.00 each should allow you to by a boat load that will work. Note floating chamber should be the easiest to get to function 100% if you keep the floating chamber Clean and use good quality Ammo COPPER WASH will make for more rounds between cleaning of floating chamber. GSG make a high quality mag for their units but have not tried them on Colt unit

EDIT II.not a bad unit to buy adjustable sights a+ You should be able to use just about any modern Magazine not the high price PRE WW II ACE but all you need is the common ones some have Pinned bases others have Removable base so easy to take apart to clean[^] Semi auto Rimfire pistols get dirty cheaper the ammo quicker they get dirty being able to remove magazine base is a help . also the floating chamberwill build up HARD carbon / lead that was vaporised in shooting Some of the ones like the one you have shoot fairly well but Most are PLINKING size groups Not master class target pistol size groups . only . DAY KART MARVAL and handful of others will work for NRA match pistols beyond the SHARPSHOOTER class. Best trainer for learning to shoot a 1911 type pistol and used to be cheap to shoot but rimfire ammo now pricey[:(]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    OK, you are over my head, but I will embarrass myself and tell you what I THINK I bought...

Colt brand 22 conversion kit. Floating chamber. Pre series 80. Adjustable sight (Accro?) Looks like it takes the same magazine as an Ace.

Auction #291435205338 on the Bay. I would appreciate your comments.
  • Options
    fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
    original mag has the round on the side the later ones have square on the side in they where made by metal form for colt in the day just buy some mags enjoy it ,,ya kan;t take it with you[:0]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks, Karl.

I have a nickel series 70 with a damaged slide. This should work out well.