In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Obama readies executive order on guns

Comments

• Options
    KAMsalesKAMsales Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I hate that floppy-eared *, I sincerely wish him a long and painful death
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,576 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wish him a long life

tumblr_inline_n4qjioiViT1s7f6cl.jpg

refresh just in case the story is unfamiliar

In Greek mythology, the Titan Prometheus had a reputation as being something of a clever trickster and he famously gave the human race the gift of fire and the skill of metalwork, an action for which he was punished by Zeus, who ensured everyday that an eagle ate the liver of the Titan as he was helplessly chained to a rock.
  • Options
    TheBrassManTheBrassMan Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That will put an end to us selling any firearms.
    We have been selling off what was left of my FILs.
    We only sell one or two a month or so. We aren't buying and selling, just selling them off.
    * hat is going to ruin more peoples life.

Need to contact our Representatives and Senators to override it.
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by TheBrassMan
    That will put an end to us selling any firearms.
    We have been selling off what was left of my FILs.
    We only sell one or two a month or so. We aren't buying and selling, just selling them off.
    * hat is going to ruin more peoples life.

Need to contact our Representatives and Senators to override it.

over ride what?
    Obama is just making more regulations to go along with these.
    http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/report-21000-regulations-so-far-under-obama-2375-set-for-2015/article/2558050

Same crap different year.
  • Options
    Cornflk1Cornflk1 Member Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's going to create a huge black-market. Then the feds can try to confiscate our collections.

This action will not end well.
  • Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The 2nd amendment stands tall over pupet BS...
  • Options
    nutfinnnutfinn Member Posts: 12,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sweet, I mean, was this not the fellow that American voters voted in twice?? [:o)]
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,750 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    NOTHING good will come of this for any GUN OWNER. Rest assured, clear and transparent.[V][xx(]
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It will just mean doing business with folks that have feedback on our online classified site prior to this date. Most folks will not comply.
  • Options
    TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't worry several here have stated nothing will happen and the democraps won't let him.[:(!]
  • Options
    204targetman204targetman Member Posts: 3,493
    edited November -1
    what is amazing. Is that none of the shootings have been linked to the so called gun show loop hole. Its like fixing a problem that doesn't exist. The collective IQ in this country has got to be at an all time low.
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've already made my stand and I'm not moving!

My GGGGGrandpa was with General George Washington during the American Revolution. http://www.lat34north.com/HistoricMarkersTN/MarkerDetail.cfm?KeyID=047-027&MarkerTitle=Peter%20Shipe
    I could not live with myself if I were to let his sacrifices to help make this country free from tyranny go to hell by cowering and letting the tyrant that's in charge of our government today disarm me. If I die defending my rights then so be it!!

In the words of Patrick Henry..."Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
  • Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    It's 1 second, to midnight.
  • Options
    204targetman204targetman Member Posts: 3,493
    edited November -1
    A person never knows how he will react to different things. I hope if the time comes. Ill be willing to stand for what is right. But you have to be in that situation. This country is going down hill in a hurry. And Im afraid that decision is coming very quickly.
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Heck,...there's quite a few members of this very forum that are in favor of what he is getting ready to do. Should make them all tingly up the leg.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    Missouri Mule K30Missouri Mule K30 Member Posts: 2,092 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    He is not pissing on my leg.[:(!][:(!][:(!]
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,033 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Marc1301
    Heck,...there's quite a few members of this very forum that are in favor of what he is getting ready to do. Should make them all tingly up the leg.
    you remember those threads too,,[:(][:(][V][V]
  • Options
    TwoDogsTwoDogs Member Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rumor down here ...Texas
    is that part of the "enforcement"
    of this will be dumped on the gun show
    promoters.

In short, you call for an table and
    your asked if you have a FFL...
    If the answer is "No"....no table.

Second...
    Selling part of "Private Collection".
    New order will state that gun must have
    been in your "collection" at least ONE year.

We will see....
    Maybe be mostly BS..
  • Options
    slumlord44slumlord44 Member Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Illinois has basicly had universal background checks on all gun sales for years. Hasn't stopped the killing in Chicago and E. St. Louis ar anywhere else in Illinois for that matter. Another feel good law. Law abiding citizens will comply. Criminals will not. Since the background check will not accomplish what they want they will demand another law that they will tell us will fix the gun violence problem. Eliminate the guns and it will eliminate the gun violence but violence and killing will continue. Liberals refuse to acknowledge how the real world works.
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 204targetman
    what is amazing. Is that none of the shootings have been linked to the so called gun show loop hole. Its like fixing a problem that doesn't exist. The collective IQ in this country has got to be at an all time low.

Yep, proof their agenda has nothing to do with public safety. Everytime their is a shooting event in the NEWS they trot out the notorious "gun show loophole". That an AR/AK(any rifle caliber) pistols are their primary targets at the moment.
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Some of the proposals from MRS Bill Clinton and the DEMOCRATS once they gain power include:

- Increasing costs of FFL to $2500 per year.

- Ammunition taxes at a minimum of 100% of cost. Double and triple for handgun ammo and FMJ rifle.

- Limits on how much ammo and firearms you can possess/own.

- Ban import or 10X tariff on all imported ammo.

- All gun owners MUST purchase liability insurance with incremental price increases per annum designed to be punitive in nature and controlled by partisan bureaucrats.

- Plaintiffs will be allowed to sue Gun manufacturers for damages, injuries and deaths from their products.

- Ban on certain guns DEMOCRATS don't like, IE assault weapons, hicap mags, and handguns.

The SECOND AMENDMENT will still exist but in the form of a ghost.
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Can you say Back dated paperwork.
  • Options
    rossowmnrossowmn Member Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The minute the order is issued it will head for court. We can hope some sane judge will issue an injunction to tie it up at least until we find out what disaster November '16 has in store. (But I have less and less confidence that sane judges still exist.[}:)])
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Jennifer Baker, NRA spokesman stated that Obama is doing what he always does when he does not get his way, using executive action to thwart the will of the people regarding the universal background check plan.

Two things:

1. Will of the people:

The will of the people does not matter, idiot. The Constitution restricts this power from the Federal Government in intrastate sales, and the will of the people is immaterial.

The Constitution protects the minority from the majority and protects us all from an overreach of government, be it legislative or executive. To provide legitimacy to this moron's 'will of the people' argument is to further gut the 2nd like the NRA did with Heller and McDonald already.

2. What is the will of the people?

Washington State overwhelmingly passed a universal background check resolution in 2014. The will of the people was to require universal background checks, and Ms. Baker by first legitimizing the will of the people as a proper cause, can be demonstrably proven to be incorrect in this statement.

Was her statement made out of ignorance of the Constitution and of recent history? Perhaps.

Perhaps it is, like the sabotaging of the McDonald incorporation premise, a calculated move to further entrench legislated access to firearms as the NRA has done since the 1930s.

We who actually believe in individual liberty know we are in a fight with both the Government and the NRA to properly define what an individual right is, and how the 2nd Amendment applies to those that do not fall into the select groups championed by that Government and that NRA.

Increased costs and bureaucratic manipulations are on the periphery of the argument and are only a sideshow. Clinton, Obama and the NRA all have demonstrated that they wish to entrench and expand the power of the Federal Government as to better consolidate their own bases of power.

The NRA is part of the establishment.

It is January first. Perhaps, with baby new year, you NRA sycophant's will open your eyes and realize that the NRA is not the best last defense of the 2nd. Rather it is in cahoots with a powerful government to ensure that there is legislation they can use to fund raise and increase their influence over the nuances of control.

To actively pursue individual liberty, after all, would return it to safety training and the promotion of the shooting sports; things they do well.

Happy New Year, folks. Time to wake the hell up.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    M1A762M1A762 Member Posts: 3,426
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus
    Jennifer Baker, NRA spokesman stated that Obama is doing what he always does when he does not get his way, using executive action to thwart the will of the people regarding the universal background check plan.

Two things:

1. Will of the people:

The will of the people does not matter, idiot. The Constitution restricts this power from the Federal Government in intrastate sales, and the will of the people is immaterial.

The Constitution protects the minority from the majority and protects us all from an overreach of government, be it legislative or executive. To provide legitimacy to this moron's 'will of the people' argument is to further gut the 2nd like the NRA did with Heller and McDonald already.

Washington State overwhelmingly passed a universal background check resolution in 2014. The will of the people was to require universal background checks, and Ms. Baker by first legitimizing the will of the people as a proper cause, can be demonstrably proven to be incorrect in this statement.

Was her statement made out of ignorance of the Constitution and of recent history? Perhaps.

Perhaps it is, like the sabotaging of the McDonald incorporation premise, a calculated move to further entrench legislated access to firearms as the NRA has done since the 1930s.

We who actually believe in individual liberty know we are in a fight with both the Government and the NRA to properly define what an individual right is, and how the 2nd Amendment applies to those that do not fall into the select groups championed by that Government and that NRA.

Increased costs and bureaucratic manipulations are on the periphery of the argument and are only a sideshow. Clinton, Obama and the NRA all have demonstrated that they wish to entrench and expand the power of the Federal Government as to better consolidate their own bases of power.

It is January first. Perhaps, with baby new year, you NRA sycophant's will open your eyes and realize that the NRA is not the best last defense of the 2nd. Rather it is in cahoots with a powerful government to ensure that there is legislation they can use to fund raise and increase their influence over the nuances of control.

To actively pursue individual liberty, after all, would return it to safety training and the promotion of the shooting sports; things they do well.

Haters gonna Hate.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by M1A762
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus

Two things:

1. Will of the people:

Haters gonna Hate.

And blinders always blind.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    CoolhandLukeCoolhandLuke Member Posts: 7,825 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ditch-Runner
    I wish him a long life

tumblr_inline_n4qjioiViT1s7f6cl.jpg

refresh just in case the story is unfamiliar

In Greek mythology, the Titan Prometheus had a reputation as being something of a clever trickster and he famously gave the human race the gift of fire and the skill of metalwork, an action for which he was punished by Zeus, who ensured everyday that an eagle ate the liver of the Titan as he was helplessly chained to a rock.

American Eagle will definitely wont eat anything rotten so you might have to hire a couple crows for the job[8]
    We have to fight so we can run away.
    Capt. Jack Sparrow.
  • Options
    bigcitybillbigcitybill Member Posts: 4,891 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    #1 Executive order and executive action are not interchangeable terms.
    http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2014/11/20/365467914/so-just-what-is-an-executive-action-anyway

"The terms executive action and executive order are not interchangeable. Executive orders are legally binding and published in the Federal Register.
    "A good way to think of executive actions is a wish list of policies the president would like to see enacted."

#2(From the article linked in the OP):
    "Plans for the action are not yet complete, and those familiar with the process warn that unforeseen circumstances could delay an announcement."

You guys posting everything you see without digging into the real story are just taking the bait and promoting the sensationalism.

This is nothing more than "sabre rattling".
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Marc1301

It is obvious that those of you speak either do not or will not recognize their complicity, Marc. The sad thing is that for a precious few, they refuse introspection at all costs.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    Ford 23Ford 23 Member Posts: 3,129
    edited November -1
    IMO and only my opinion as I dont see it anywhere

I believe the Progressives know they are well on their way to changing the USA to what they believe is the utopia they have worked for many years. They are fully aware and know the Joe six packs, the dirty and unwashed are becoming more and more restless causing the heart to skip knowing these people may revolt when they decide enough is enough

They care less of the killings in the ghettos they will stay in their killing grounds, the only reason they might revolt is the bennies would dry up and no self respecting Liberal Progressive is going even come close to curtailing the bennies going to the ghetto natives

The gun control our beloved leader is proposing is a vehicle, in the mind of a Progressive, to eliminate or at the very least reduce the exposure of being riddled with bullets should the responsible citizens become restless and revolt. I believe they are terrified of what basically is left of the middle class and they see this as a way to further reduce the middle class forcing them in complicity with the Progressive agenda.

The Progressives can only see control, not the black market, hidden weapons or the millions of weapons still existing before paper worked kicked in. It is beyond their comprehension. Their only thought is we have taken care of the threat to us when Obama issues his executive order. They will sleep blissfully at night thinking all is good