In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Cabalas deal for Vets, Servicemen, EMTs, LEOs, etc

River RatRiver Rat Member Posts: 9,022
edited June 2011 in General Discussion
Just saw a notice on an on-line news site, stating that Cabela's is giving "employee pricing" to all servicemen, vets, police, fire, EMTs, etc., from June 29 to July 1. Sounds pretty cool! I assume this is nationwide, and not just our regional (Billings) store.

Anyone else hear of this?

Comments

• Options
    NavybatNavybat Member Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have NOT heard this...but I know they give a 10% discount to active duty military. That's every day.
  • Options
    RogueStatesmanRogueStatesman Member Posts: 5,760
    edited November -1
    Gonna have to run down to my Cabela's and see how much I get off my next purchase-probably tonight.
  • Options
    NiccoHelNiccoHel Member Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How exactly does this kind of discount work for vets? Are we supposed to bring in our DD-214's?

I've seen that kind of thing before, but never needed/wanted whatever at the time of the sale.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by NiccoHel
    How exactly does this kind of discount work for vets? Are we supposed to bring in our DD-214's?

I've seen that kind of thing before, but never needed/wanted whatever at the time of the sale.

Don't you have a retiree military ID card? What do you show to get on base or into the exchange/commissary?
  • Options
    NEIAPredatorNEIAPredator Member Posts: 1,443
    edited November -1
    Cabela's does this once a year. They have been doing it for many years. The discounts are not always great on everything, but others it's pretty good. Anything is better than nothing.
  • Options
    NiccoHelNiccoHel Member Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Navybat
    quote:Originally posted by NiccoHel

Don't you have a retiree military ID card? What do you show to get on base or into the exchange/commissary?

Didn't stay in long enough to be considered retired when I left. I am a vet, but not a 20 year serviceman. When I left they gave me a class... I forget the acronym, but it was a "re-entry to the civilian world" kind of gig, a pile of papers to sign, a packet full of VA crap, an application for a bank, a few knick-knacks, etc. I stole appropriated a box of ball-point pens though, so I feel compensated.
  • Options
    TrinityScrimshawTrinityScrimshaw Member Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Served 13.5 years on active duty, 30% disabled & the only ID card I have is my VA medical card. I wonder if that will work for Cabela's?

I do have an LEO badge & creds, that I use when I invetsigate reports of stolen boxes of ball-point pens by Veterans...[:D][:D][:D]

Trinity +++
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    discount ain't no good if your pockets is empty...oh wait found some lint
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shilowar
    discount ain't no good if your pockets is empty...oh wait found some lint

I can relate. [^]
  • Options
    givettegivette Member Posts: 10,886
    edited November -1
    The title includes the word 'Vets', (and I don't think it's referring to veterinarians), so I guess I can qualify if I show them my VA medical card.

Unless they are refering to veterinarians...
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Applebees gives a free meal to vets on on Veterans day and they didn't require any proof of being in the service although I did take my old military ID. which is some 35 years old but does have my name on it.
    It sure as hell doesn't look much like me any more, but I still did show it to the waitress.
  • Options
    FEENIXFEENIX Member Posts: 10,559 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by River Rat
    Just saw a notice on an on-line news site, stating that Cabela's is giving "employee pricing" to all servicemen, vets, police, fire, EMTs, etc., from June 29 to July 1. Sounds pretty cool! I assume this is nationwide, and not just our regional (Billings) store.

Anyone else hear of this?

Yes, it is nationwide and as I understand it, military is active, retired, and vet ... and also extended to federal employees.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Dang, they always send notices of this in the mail...I didn't get mine. Oh well, I'll probably check it out tomorrow.
  • Options
    Ford 23Ford 23 Member Posts: 3,129
    edited November -1
    Lowes gives 10 per cent with a VA id. Personally I really appreciate the discount with no restrictions with certain dates or products.