In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

I Heard NRA Created A Secret Gunowners List

tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
edited September 2013 in General Discussion
Yeah, right here on GB.com I read from some poster, and he provided a link to prove it, that the evil NRA has created a "secret" list of gun owners. In a way that sounds kinda odd. Since the anti-NRA people has such a low opinion of the NRA, why would they think they are smart enough to fool 5 million members and smart enough to create a "secret" list that IS NOT A SECRET according to the NRA critic. HOwever, if there is such a "secret" list, I know my name is on it so I hope the NRA DOES KEEP IT A SECRET.

I also got to thinking more about this "secret list" claim. I discovered the AAA has a "secret list" of American automobile owners! The AARP has a "secret list" of geezers! The AMA (American Motorcycle *'n) has a "secret list" of motorcycle owners. The AMA (American Medical *'n) has a "secret list" of physicians!

You see folks, that is how bad rumors get started. EVERY organization you sign up with puts you on their MEMBERSHIP list. What else would you expect them to do? They have a need and a right and, I assume, your permission to PUT YOU ON THEIR MEMBERSHIP LIST. And when I get put on a list, I want that organization to KEEP IT PRIVATE. Yeah, keep it a "secret" list. So, if you want to tell a truth and make the NRA (or any organization) look like they are up to dirty tricks, spread the rumor that organization has a SECRET LIST of its members.

Comments

• Options
    JasonVJasonV Member Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I heard GB has a secret list of forum members.
    formerly known as warpig883
  • Options
    LaidbackDanLaidbackDan Member Posts: 13,143 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a drawer full of left socks, I have no idea where all the right ones went and why someone would replace them with the exact amount of replacements of more left socks
  • Options
    Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by LaidbackDan
    I have a drawer full of left socks, I have no idea where all the right ones went and why someone would replace them with the exact amount of replacements of more left socks

Area 52.

Glad I could help. [;)]
  • Options
    Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Area 52.

Glad I could help. [;)]
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,649 ******
    edited November -1
    Heck, I'm on a lot of lists.
  • Options
    ChrisInTempeChrisInTempe Member Posts: 15,562
    edited November -1
    I would be very surprised if the NRA, GOA and the SAF didn't have extensive marketing data on potential members and donors. Marketing companies have been collecting and selling to corporations ever more detailed and finely delineated demographic data on consumers since the 1950's. It is a well evolved art and science.

It entered the political arena a long time ago. Any scrap of information about you that can help to sell a product, request money or encourage your political action is sought after and stored for future use.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is true. I believe they call it their membership list.

I have only left socks too. Says 'L' on each and every one.
  • Options
    HandLoadHandLoad Member Posts: 15,998
    edited November -1
    Mine are for "Extra Left".....

...and I'll bet I am on a Buncha Lists....
  • Options
    sxsnufsxsnuf Member Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dads,
    I think youve revealed a previously unknown truth about the ETs our gubmint is hiding.
    They have two right feet!
    Since its common knowledge the ETs are kept at area 51, the federales have had to establish area 52 to keep their stockpile of stolen right socks.
    Arrivederci gigi
  • Options
    RosieRosie Member Posts: 14,525 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Except for a few women the lenth of my stinger is on a secret list.[:D]
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jimdeere
    Heck, I'm on a lot of lists.

No kidding...I am on about 40+ 4473s....I guess it might be too late to worry about it.
  • Options
    chris8X57chris8X57 Member Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think people here should pay more attention to 'Emily's List' or 'America Votes' ...

How many female democrats can they get into major political positions. You want to talk gun control....? [:(!]
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,478 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Hey I'll take those extra left footed socks off your hands as I'm left handed and footed. My left footed socks get a lot of extra wear.[;)][;)]
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,473 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Anyone who thought the list was secret must have thought the membership letter they received after a gun purchase was purely happenstance.

The question would whether Wayne bought the info from the seller or from the BATFE.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    azpowerwagonazpowerwagon Member Posts: 376 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't you think that your magazine subscription would be enough of a gun owner tip-off? Why don't some of you worry about some real problems?
  • Options
    sgm hagsgm hag Member Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by JasonV
    I heard GB has a secret list of forum members.

Yeah, they do, and the only way to see it is to click on the screen names in the left column of each topics page. Fortunately, we're the only ones who know that!

But, the bad guys still don't know the secret handshake! Ya gotta have the GB Decoder Ring to see that.[^]
  • Options
    dreherdreher Member Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm guessing that between GB (Radical right wing gun crazed fanatics!) and the fact my wife calls her mother everyday in Russia puts me on bunches of lists.

A good friend of mine has done the Peace Corps thing twice. Once about 5 years ago he was in Lebanon for 2 years. He is now in Albania. We E-mail each other every week. What lists do you think I am on for E-mailing a Muslim country a couple of times every week for 2 years?[:D]
  • Options
    footlongfootlong Member Posts: 8,009
    edited November -1
    This thread got me to thinking and the NRA has a list on the net much bigger than 5million. Available for PUBLIC VIEWING [:0] Well over ten million listings on it.

lts the NRA auction site. Every gun ever sold on it is listed .

Unlike GB which erases after 60 days the NRA listings stay on there always.

lf you use that site simply look up your feedback and enter item number. Up pops the whole transaction. Same goes for any other bidder on there...

Daddy always said the only secrets are the ones you DONT tell [;)]
  • Options
    USN_AirdaleUSN_Airdale Member Posts: 2,987
    edited November -1
    it's all being kept at Trinity !! [:D] .... [;)]