In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Country town mayor

OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2015 in General Discussion
Donna and I live in a pretty rural town in the heart of the pine barrens. Another post got me thinking about this.We live in a town that is 99.9% white We bought our home when we were 19. The second day we were in our home, a well dressed black man and family knocked on the door. I thought this was kinda odd, but I answered the door. He introduced himself as our mayor and wanted to welcome us to the town. We invited him and his family in for some sweet tea. They were the nicest people in the world. Tony went on the become our mayor, three different times. Till this day, I think they are one of three black families in our town. Even though he is not our mayor anymore, he still goes out to check on the citizens of our town and gets our thoughts on what is going right and wrong here. The guy genuinely cares about the town and his neighbors. I here all this racism and see it with my own eyes, then i think about Tony and how he was the only mayor here, that ever bothered to go door to door to meet new people in town and actually cared. Oakie

I wanted to add that, He was not running for office, he had just got elected, when he visited us. He would find all the new people each month in our town, and go introduce himself. He was also the reason we got rid of so many corrupt people here.

Comments

• fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    Just goes to bolster what I have believed all my life.You need not be black,to be a ni***r!
  • jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,583 ******
    edited November -1
    Our county seat, with a population of about 2500, has a black mayor. The town is also about 99% white. When the county had a ceremony to honor a Confederate soldier a few weeks back, Robert could not attend due to a previous commitment. No one thought anything of his absence.
    He will probably be Mayor for as long as he wants to.
    He's that nice of a man.
  • dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    All the older negros in our town are OK. It's the younger ones that cause trouble [B)][xx(]
    And all the ones that come down here to sell drugs and break in our houses that need put down [^]
  • pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jimdeere
    Our county seat, with a population of about 2500, has a black mayor. The town is also about 99% white. When the county had a ceremony to honor a Confederate soldier a few weeks back, Robert could not attend due to a previous commitment. No one thought anything of his absence.
    He's that nice of a man.
    You believe that...?
  • riflemikeriflemike Member Posts: 10,599
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pwillie
    quote:Originally posted by jimdeere
    He's that nice of a man.
    You believe that...?

probably something very urgent like a haircut appointment[}:)]