In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Wrist Watch

2»

Comments

• Options
    gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    My Vulcain Cricket from the 30s still works fine, so does my Mido Super Forte; I "wear" a cheapo Victorinox Swiss Army from that Guide for Sportsmen place in my pocket. Does that make it a pocket watch?
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    what are you going to do with it as far as needing it waterproof???? If it is just for hunting, go buy a cheap timex. I have a rolex submariner I will sell you cheap[:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    got some pocket watches...studied them years ago ...great fun .. and several wrist watches..don't wear em....got a phone that keeps good time...i checked...nice pocket watch hanging by this computer with an eagle on the case...it was an hour off....my phone changes daylight stupid twice a year.. all the other timey gadgets do not
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Oakie
    what are you going to do with it as far as needing it waterproof???? If it is just for hunting, go buy a cheap timex. I have a rolex submariner I will sell you cheap[:D][:D][:D]
    How much?..Let me see it!
  • Options
    evileye fleagalevileye fleagal Member Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Omega seamaster, wear it every day.
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pwillie
    Anyone here wear a wrist watch? What kind etc...looking for something new...I have a Rolodex , and Seiko, I need one that's waterproof and shock resistant...as well as stainless and numerical numbers(Dial Face) any suggestions..?

It sounds like you have that covered.

But its hard to beat a Seiko Divers watch. They will go about 15-20 years between tune ups.

I bought one is 1981 and I wore every day until 2007. It has 2 Combat Jumps be to about 40 different country's and has survived in every environment on earth. I would look for an older used one on flebay.
    RLTW

• Options
    carbine100carbine100 Member Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Everyday watch is a Citiko two-tone titanium kinetic.

Seiko ti-kinetic that eventually had the band give out. Couldn't find a replacement band for the model.

Had a two-tone ti Citizen Eco-Drive that capacitor had given out.

Reshaped the band to work on the Seiko. Looks like factory match.

Have a ti Luminox, two other Seiko kinetic, couple Casios, and a Tag H. and some old pocket watches (Elgin, AWC, Walther...)
  • Options
    mlincolnmlincoln Member Posts: 5,039 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rocky Raab
    I still have the manual wind watch my Dad bought me from a pawn shop when I graduated grade school. I got this one a new crystal and a good cleaning last year. Runs perfectly.

sSt8GFQl.jpg

Since then, I've gone through Seikos, Timex, and a variety of other inexpensive wrist and pocket watches. About the only time I wear any at all now is when I'm fishing (time seems to get away from me when fishing) or dress events.

FCD, I have an Indiglo where only the Indiglo function works. Maybe we could put your and mine together and get one working and one dead one!

You REALLY need to use some skin lotion.
  • Options
    john carrjohn carr Member Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rolex Submariner, made 1973, word "Submariner" in red. Bought it in 1987 for $500 from a pawn shop owner whom I had done a lot of favors for. Worth a little more now.
  • Options
    gearheaddadgearheaddad Member Posts: 15,096 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I love watches. I probably have a 100 or more between pocket and wrist watches.
    I have my Dads Bulova his grandmother gave him for 8th grade graduation.
    My Dads Angelus Chronograph watch he bought in Switzerland in 1950 when he was stationed in Germany.
    His Rolex that I wear quite often.
    I have a Krieger my wife gave me 20 years ago.
    I bought a cool Prim skeleton watch in Prague that was made in Czech republic.
    I also have an Oris skeleton watch, white gold Rolex, Great Grandpas pocket watch, both of my Grandpas pocket watches, and a whole drawer full of others!
    Check out Kriegers. Nice watches.......let us know what you decide on.
  • Options
    riflemikeriflemike Member Posts: 10,599
    edited November -1
    just be sure the gubment cant track you if you wear a watch

theres at least one on GBF that tin foil hat

[:D]