In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Moles

SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
They started up about 2 weeks ago and are ruining my yard and garden, never had them this bad before. I put out some kinda poison, peanut butter something or another. That hasn't seemed to do anything.
I'm thinking about getting a couple of those solar powered mole repellers, anyone have any experience with these?

Comments

• GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    You need to kill the grubs in your yard. No food, no moles.
  • joshmb1982joshmb1982 Member Posts: 8,228 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    dont moles also eat earthworms? dont want to kill all them off.
  • savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,504 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Put exlax in the runs you have to do it with scent free gloves but they will s__t themselves to death
  • MgderfMgderf Member Posts: 907 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Moles eat grubs. Grubs eat mainly dandelions. Kill the dandelions, the moles will leave.
    To kill the moles, use Wriggley's SPEARMINT gum. It MUST be spearmint. Roll up gum to resemble a worm, place in mole hole. Mole cannot digest gum, and cannot regurgitate. They die of intestinal compaction. Local golf course told me this YEARS ago, but I "did not hear it from them"!
    It works, and it's CHEAP![^]
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cartod
    You need to kill the grubs in your yard. No food, no moles.

I had a dog and his name was -

BINGO!
  • trc313trc313 Member Posts: 3,475
    edited November -1
    go to local barber shop and get a trash bag of hair.
    take broom stick and jam into the mole hole.
    insert human hair.
    mole disappear
  • SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Hair, gum, grubs, and exlax? I'll giver a try, thanks!
  • mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,291 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rascals. Ya gotta kill em, peanuts don't work. Smash all the trails down, go out in the evening and watch em when one lifts up kill it. That is the only way to win the mole battle
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • supereaglesupereagle Member Posts: 85 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i got some poison worms that look like grubs when you cut them up from the locall feed store and they workquote:Originally posted by Suspension

They started up about 2 weeks ago and are ruining my yard and garden, never had them this bad before. I put out some kinda poison, peanut butter something or another. That hasn't seemed to do anything.
    I'm thinking about getting a couple of those solar powered mole repellers, anyone have any experience with these?
  • redneckandyredneckandy Member Posts: 9,705 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Take a road flare, light it, and stick it in the tunnel. Gas em all out.