In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Any 8mm Mauser folks in DFW area?

JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
edited May 2012 in General Discussion
I need to find someone with an 8mm rifle that can test fire some rounds for me.

We had a few issues with the MG08 this past weekend, the primer was being struck, but the round not firing.

Would someone be willing to take 30-40 of these rounds and fire a few of them and let me know if they fired in your rifle?

The ammo is not going to blow up or cause any damage to you are the gun. I just don't have a 8mm to try this myself.

The bullets are free and I can drop them off wherever you might be holed up. I prefer you have a place to shoot on your own property as I need the results pretty quick.

I just need to know if they fired on the first try, how many failed to fire and if your gun had a hard or soft strike on the primer.

Comments

• redneckandyredneckandy Member Posts: 9,682 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mail em to me, I'll fire as many as you want.[;)]
  • JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by SoreShoulder
    Why not just pick up a box of 8mm from a gunshop? I can't remember the last time a new, commercial centerfire round misfired for me so those should tell you if it's the ammo or the gun.

new in the box would defeat the purpose.

I need to know if this ammo is in malfunction or if my mg lock is the cause. I am thinking the gun will run like a sewing machine, its the ammo. The other guy thinks it both. So... If someone with a 8mm mauser wanted to shoot 30-40 rounds and report back, we would consider that a good trade.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by JnRockwall
    quote:Originally posted by SoreShoulder
    Why not just pick up a box of 8mm from a gunshop? I can't remember the last time a new, commercial centerfire round misfired for me so those should tell you if it's the ammo or the gun.

new in the box would defeat the purpose.

I need to know if this ammo is in malfunction or if my mg lock is the cause. I am thinking the gun will run like a sewing machine, its the ammo. The other guy thinks it both. So... If someone with a 8mm mauser wanted to shoot 30-40 rounds and report back, we would consider that a good trade.
    Shooting other ammo will tell for sure if your ammo is at fault. What ammo are you trying to use?
  • JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I dont know what the ammo is exactly. I know it is surplus ammo, he loaded (the belts, it's factory ammo) about 3 years ago and just now getting around to shooting it. Some worked like a champ, and then it spits and sputters.

If you are interested, I can ship them to you. All the rounds we are sending have light or heavy pin strikes. We just need to know of they fire in a different weapon.

Does that sound like something you would like to do?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by JnRockwall
    I dont know what the ammo is exactly. I know it is surplus ammo, he loaded (the belts, it's factory ammo) about 3 years ago and just now getting around to shooting it. Some worked like a champ, and then it spits and sputters.

If you are interested, I can ship them to you. All the rounds we are sending have light or heavy pin strikes. We just need to know of they fire in a different weapon.

Does that sound like something you would like to do?
    I'll gladly give em a shot for you if you can't find anyone closer. All of my 8mm's are bolt guns, and I have shot WWII era ammo without a problem. If you need a reason to buy a new rifle you can find several 8mm's pretty cheap. Last one I bought was a Yugo Mauser M48 for $125. Everyone needs an excuse for a new rifle.[;)]