In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Ammo ???

redneckandyredneckandy Member Posts: 9,682 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2009 in General Discussion
.308 marked OFV 75 M80 7.62. Any idea of the country of origin and weither it is corrosive? Maybe even the bullet weight?
Thanks.

Comments

• redneckandyredneckandy Member Posts: 9,682 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Anyone ever heard of an outfit by the name of USA Ammo? Ever dealt with them?

Apparently they sell remanufactured rounds. A buddy of mine sent me an email with some pretty good pricing from them. Wondered if anyone here had done business with them.
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    That's Indian, I believe. I have heard crappy reviews, based on lot numbers.

Run it through Google, someone probably has the lot numbers...
  • westernMDhunterwesternMDhunter Member Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    From what I could find it is 147 grain bullet, non corrosive, Indian. 75's are supposedly good but stay away from 98's, mixed reviews on accuracy but supposedly the brass is good.
  • redneckandyredneckandy Member Posts: 9,682 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did some more searching and found it is Indian,non corrosive, 147grn, and the '75 mfg seems to be considered better than the '80's and newer. Guess I need to find me an Indian rifle.