In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Whale Wars

Leeroy JenkinsLeeroy Jenkins Member Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2010 in General Discussion
Just watched that Whale Wars on Animal Planet. Yeah Yeah don't kill whales, killing whales is bad etc.

I find the show ridiculously stupid.

It's all for GreenPeace Media attention. Captain is a fat idiot and Coward.

Plus it sounds like a great idea to attack and disable a ship in INTERNATIONAL WATERS, and then board it.

Freaking stupid people.

Comments

• Leeroy JenkinsLeeroy Jenkins Member Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's kind of like watching NASCAR... just waiting for that crash!

These fools are gonna kill themselves.
    edited November -1
    Next week is the one where the "Bat Boat" gets run over by the Japanese whaling ship. The preview already shows the eco-terrorists claiming it was intentional. These are the same fools that launched a small boat and intercepted a whaling ship, then jumped on board the whaling ship (act of piracy). These eco-terrorists claimed the Jap sailors held these "pirates" hostage. If I was one of those Jap sailors, I would have beaten those idiots senseless.
    edited November -1
    They replaced the wrecked Ady Gill with another tri-hull. Like to see this eco-terrorist ship crunched also. I'm against whaling, but these wack-jobs are going about it the wrong way.

http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/blog/22423/japanese+whalers+to+face+new+enemy+in+godzilla/
  • KEVD18KEVD18 Member Posts: 15,037
    edited November -1
    great. another whaling season with the eco terrorists. i cant wait for the nips to just ram the steve irwin broadside and sink it, killing "capt" watson and his crazy pirate crew.

on the other hand, as a professional mariner, the show does provide me with hours of entertainment howling with laughter at their incompetence....
  • countryfarmercountryfarmer Member Posts: 4,552
    edited November -1
    Maybe they will stray too close to North Korean waters and they will take care of them...[^]

Or better yet, get hijacked by pirates.
  • BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by KEVD18
    great. another whaling season with the eco terrorists. i cant wait for the nips to just ram the steve irwin broadside and sink it, killing "capt" watson and his crazy pirate crew.

on the other hand, as a professional mariner, the show does provide me with hours of entertainment howling with laughter at their incompetence....

Whats worse I'm not a pro mariner, the only experience I have with it is being on a charter boat as a guest. That said, I also laugh at their incompetence, its only a matter of time before they visit Davy Jones Locker.[}:)]
  • matwormatwor Member Posts: 20,594
    edited November -1

+100
  • ZebraZebra Member Posts: 5,762
    edited November -1

[:D][:D][:D] I'd pin a medal on you! [:D]
  • we_dig_itwe_dig_it Member Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I tried to watch this show once, I just couldnt do it.
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gonna be a great season!!! the Japanese are putting ARMED National Guard Soldiers aboard the Whaling Ships this year!!! Sweet, I wanna see some machine gun fire!!!!

I love watching this show. the eco-terrorists are such incompetent seamen that it is fun to watch they destroy their own stuff!!
  • ChrisInTempeChrisInTempe Member Posts: 15,562
    edited November -1
    The Japs are a bunch of lying scuzbuckets. Not that I've much sympathy for the "Sea Shepherds" either, but them Japs are bald faced liars about what they are doing and why they are doing it. Wouldn't mind them hitting a few ice bergs.

I don't care for pirate tactics, but them lying Japs tick me off something awful ...

Spent eight months in Antarctic waters myself. Didn't get to see much in the way of whales though, was too busy working for a living to play tourist.
  • MOONEDMOONED Member Posts: 936 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are so many things that eat at me about that show. I've got teenagers and to have to explain to them why the enviro-terrorists are wrong is quite interesting. I do not agree with whaling, dog-fights or cock-fights. There are countries where all these things are totally legal. The only difference is that in America, those things are all ILLEGAL, therefore we do not do them. Take REAL bull-fighting for example. The libs would have a field day if that activity was caught being done here. But in Spain, this an activity which is done frequently.

I guess I got off the subject for a moment but the point I am trying to make is that just because whaling is not done in the USA, does not make it wrong. It only makes it wrong in our eyes, much like dog-fights, cock-fights and bull-fights. Another analogy is the foods we eat or don't eat. One would have to search far and wide to find a variety of bugs for sale at a local market in the USA, whereas in the orient, they are quire prevalent.

The so-called captain and his merry crew on the Steve Erwin are so out of line, that they can't even see straight. Put those same people in their our homeland and see how they like a foreigner telling them how to govern themselves. Let's see how they like it.