In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

The Price of a New

armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
edited January 2015 in General Discussion
Bowling Ball. Well for those that are uninformed or just don't care. Bowling can be just as confusing as shooting some guns. Most people don't know or don't care but oil is put down on a bowling alley for a few different reasons which I won't go into here. For the last 6 weeks or so my bowling average has been dropping faster then a polar vortex.
Mainly because of the heavy oil pattern the bowling alley is using. It favors the guys that really crank the ball,like the Pro's you see on TV.
I went by my local bowling pro shop and talked to the owner about my problem. Discussing my options and the fact that I liked the Storm brand of bowling balls,I picked one out. The ball and the cost to drill out the holes and the fact that I use a removable thumb hole, the cost was just under $300. About the same price as 6 bricks of 22 ammo.
So which in your opion is a better buy?????

Comments

• Options
    NOAHNOAH Member Posts: 9,690
    edited November -1
    6 bricks of ammo[:)][;)][;)]
  • Options
    booter_onebooter_one Member Posts: 2,345
    edited November -1
    I vote for the ball. It is reuseable!![;)] Once you shoot up the bricks, they are gone until you can find some more.[:D]
  • Options
    MercuryMercury Member Posts: 7,809 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like to buy bowling balls at the swap meet to shoot. I usually get them for $.50 or so, as no one wants to buy old balls, and the owners don't want to take them home.

They EXPLODE when you shoot them with the moisin nagants! [:D]

FUN!

Merc
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by booter_one
    I vote for the ball. It is reuseable!![;)] Once you shoot up the bricks, they are gone until you can find some more.[:D]

Zactly.[;)]
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I vote for the ball. You have to have other hobbies that I am sure we all have. I love golf and spent a fortune on equipment and green fees. To be honest, I would rather golf then go shooting at the range. At the top of my game eight years ago, I was a two handicap and placed third in the Deitz and Watson tournament here in south jersey. I played with Bobby clark and Claude leamaue, both hockey sport stars. It was a amateur/sports star tournament. oakie
  • Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    Need to get back into it. May have to open the holes a bit on the old balls.

Little hint just hope you are not caught. Clean a Ball with acetone if the lane uses heavy oil. It will bring back your old hook.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by grumpygy
    Need to get back into it. May have to open the holes a bit on the old balls.

Little hint just hope you are not caught. Clean a Ball with acetone if the lane uses heavy oil. It will bring back your old hook.

You mean carb cleaner isn't good enough ???
  • Options
    asopasop Member Posts: 8,911 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ever met a guy named "Al" who didn't own a bowling ball[:0]
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    On impact the bowling ball doesn't penetrate like a .22 but it sure does transfer energy. [;)]