In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Memorial Day Weekend Riots Headlines

SturmgewehrSturmgewehr Member Posts: 4,420
edited June 2011 in General Discussion
Fights break out at Carson Beach
Up to 1,000 youths reported involved; police say brawls moved elsewhere

By John M. Guilfoil
Globe Staff / May 31, 2011

Fights broke out among rival gang members on Carson Beach in South Boston yesterday and spilled out across the city, triggering a massive law enforcement response from at least five agencies to stem the violence.

Police said the gang members are part of a group of more than 1,000 youths who have used social media sites like Facebook to plan unruly gatherings on the beach on three of the past four nights. The beach falls under the jurisdiction of the State Police, who have been unable to prevent the violence.

The response yesterday resembled crowd-control tactics reserved for major sporting victories.

State Police were already on edge, after a trooper was accosted Sunday night by members of the group. The trooper chased one of the youths, who ran, clutching the waistband of his shorts "consistent with the manner in which a person with a gun would hold it,'' said David Procopio, a spokesman for the State Police.

More: http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2011/05/31/fights_break_out_at_carson_beach

Long Island Beach Riot

Updated: Tuesday, 31 May 2011, 9:09 AM EDT
Published : Tuesday, 31 May 2011, 8:06 AM EDT

LONG BEACH, N.Y. - A Long Island police department says it had to call for backup to quell a beach melee involving hundreds of people that spilled out onto the streets and a nearby bus depot.

Long Beach police say they are investigating the incident. There was no immediate word on arrests.

No injuries were reported.

According to Newsday , 11 Nassau police cars and two Metropolitan Transportation Authority police units assisted with the crowd control on Monday evening.

Police say a series of fights erupted on the beach just before it closed at 6 p.m. and continued for several hours. It was not clear whether the fights involved the same group of young people or different groups.

More: http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/long-island-beach-riot-20110531-apx

Police Break Up Fights at Charlotte Beach

Published: 5/30 9:25 pm
Updated: 9:45 am

Charlotte, N.Y. - Fights involving about 50 youths broke out around 7 o'clock Monday night. Police had to clear the area, sending people home.

Police arrested several people.

One deputy was scratched on the face as he was pulled into the fracas. Police say that injury was not serious.

It's still unclear how many people were involved or what exactly started the fight. Witnesses said there were many young children on the beach and when a large scramble suddenly became more like a fight, parents feared the worst.

"I was scared for a minute. I started grabbing everybody...and making sure they moved out of everybody's way," said beach goer Catrina Davis.

More: http://www.13wham.com/news/local/story/Police-Break-Up-Fights-at-Charlotte-Beach/IH9ZETkPPE6EBld39o0rkw.cspx

70 arrested, 1 killed in disturbance in uptown

by NewsChannel 36 Staff

Posted on May 29, 2011 at 8:08 AM

Updated yesterday at 10:30 PM

Related:

Victim's family, city leaders have questions after uptown shooting

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Authorities say a fatal shooting along with fights and people blocking traffic led Charlotte police to call out its civil emergency unit.

Police said more than 70 people were arrested early Sunday morning in the disturbances in the city's Uptown.

Investigators say Antwan Terrell Smith was shot and killed. Durante Kavon James was shot in the leg on Third Street just after 1 a.m.

Police say one person pulled a gun and started firing after two groups got into a fight.

Smith was shot in the head and died at the scene. James is expected to survive.

More: http://www.wcnc.com/home/Police-search-for-suspect-in-deadly-Uptown-shooting-122794609.html

Comments

• mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    I believe in mandatory service in the armed forces at the age of 18 or upon graduation from high school...
  • cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mateomasfeo

I believe in mandatory service in the armed forces at the age of 18 or upon graduation from high school...

I really don't want those Ghetto Goblins in my military.

CP
  • TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    obama voters at best[V][xx(]
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    put em in the military & post them to Somalia for basic
  • UNIVERSITY50UNIVERSITY50 Member Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is going to be a long hot summer!!!!!![:(!]
    Lake Milton State Park Ohio 05/30/2011:
    Five Youngstown men were arrested after a fight involving nearly 50 people at Milton State Park Monday.

According to police reports, sometime after 4 p.m. a group began fighting over a basketball. At one point, said police, nearly 50 people were involved.

Nearly 25 officers from six departments were called into quell the disturbance, during which some of those fighting were pepper sprayed.

Arrested were Ryan Slade, 19; Lester Walker, Jr., 19; Keith Griffin, Jr., 20; Jeffrey Pureie, 25; and Ray-Mond Sims, 20.

All five face charges of rioting and assault. Some face additional charges of resisting arrest, failure to comply and drug possession.

All are due in court Wednesday.
  • Wyatt EarpWyatt Earp Member Posts: 5,871
    edited November -1
    quote:

Arrested were Ryan Slade, 19; Lester Walker, Jr., 19; Keith Griffin, Jr., 20; Jeffrey Pureie, 25; and Ray-Mond Sims, 20.

All five face charges of rioting and assault. Some face additional charges of resisting arrest, failure to comply and drug possession.

All are due in court Wednesday.

Ray-Mond???

My son was at a local hospital after a call when one of his friends/nurse told him that a lady there just had twins and named them Orangello and Lemonjello. They didn't know where she came up with the names until they saw 2 boxes by her bed:
    * Lemon Jello
    * Orange Jello
  • CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cpermd

CP

Gunny will get them in order.

r%20lee%20emery.bmp
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cpermd

CP

+1, putting them in the Military only guarantees one thing, better trained criminals.

these folks are sociopaths, have no sense of obligation to the community, and no sense of integrity, honor...these are only a sign of the future to come. Mob mentality and behavior is only becoming more popular.