In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Chapmanville WV NG exercise

shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
edited May 2016 in General Discussion
Has any of the WV members heard about the National Guard exercise that occurred late Saturday night in the City of Chapmanville? With apparently no notice to the community. Lots of folks have guns in WV, probably was not a good idea to do an unannounced "invasion" of the neighborhoods in Chapmanville. Unverified reports from citizens saying that when they went outside to see what was going on that NG soldiers told them to go back inside and told them not to film them. One of these days something bad is going to happen to one of those soldiers. They shouldn't have live rounds, but the person freaking out is liable to start shooting at them!

http://www.tristateupdate.com/story/32091632/chapmanville-area-military-exercise-causes-stir

Comments

• wolfpackwolfpack Member Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It has been all over facebook. Dangerous thing to do in southern WV.
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wolfpack
    It has been all over facebook. Dangerous thing to do in southern WV.

Yeah that is how I heard about it. I have in laws in Logan, about 12 miles away.
  • NOAHNOAH Member Posts: 9,690
    edited November -1
    just the beginning ,collecting data to see how folks react , so when the real one starts people will think it's another exercise in progress[:(!][:(!][:(!]
  • LesWVaLesWVa Member Posts: 10,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ridge Runner exercises have been going on for years. The West Virginia National Guard has hosted a few of them in different parts of the state. They mostly consist of Special Forces Group's or other Special Operational Forces of the Military.. When they train they are not like Obama and the Democrats and announce that they are going to a certain area at a given time to conduct their training.

The last big one we had was when the 10th Special Forces Group from Ft Carson came to WV to train for United States European Command exercises back in 2014 around Kingwood, W.Va.

The biggest stink stirring from this recent exercise was done by the WV Oath Keepers.
  • FrogdogFrogdog Member Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    One thing's for darn sure, ain't nobody going to demand that I "go back inside" or "stop filming" when I am on my property. They better be prepared to "compel compliance"....or they can kiss my hind-end.

Guessing most of my other Appalachian brethren responded similarly to the request. [:D]
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    In the 80's here in Eugene we did MOPP gear training Where we worked a full day in our Hazmat Suits. The town about freaked out. We never left the Reserve Center.
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by DBV
    One thing's for darn sure, ain't nobody going to demand that I "go back inside" or "stop filming" when I am on my property. They better be prepared to "compel compliance"....or they can kiss my hind-end.

Guessing most of my other Appalachian brethren responded similarly to the request. [:D]

Exactly, they have no legal authority to compel such a thing.