In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

bought me a 98 Z28

shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,811 ✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Bought me a 98 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 today in order to continue to contribute to Global Warming....because frankly I love Global Warming...no winter??? Sweet!!! and I can haul freight!!!

So my "new" Z28 has a 3.73 rear-end...its black with gray interior...has 113K but is a one owner cali/florida car...and its pretty well maintained...auto trans...so anyone out there got one of these..any experiences...? I've owned some foxbody mustangs and this thing hauls the mail in a manner that exceeds any hopped up 5.0 stang...

Comments

• JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,811 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I almost feel non emotional about your response...in a non-offensive way I must point out that your tag is thermonuclear...hence your love and or interest in Global Warming may in fact be a conflict of interest in this particular subject...nonetheless you ROCK!!!
  • tneff1969tneff1969 Member Posts: 6,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thread is useless without pics [:)]
  • Mr. FriendlyMr. Friendly Member Posts: 7,981
    edited November -1
  • fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    "exceeds any hopped up 5.0 stang"

And that's stock!! With a few hundred bux, and a few hours in the garage, it'll make the hottest stangs head for the hills![;)]
  • Jacob2008Jacob2008 Member Posts: 19,528 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We had a 96 camaro RS conv. - Black / silver stripes. High fin, ground effects and aftermarket (but not too overkill, just wasnt STOCK) body kit when we got it.. replaced the engine/tranny.. 3800 series 2 6cyl.. It could get scary, believe it or not.. and that was with it needing a MAF sensor, which made it idle and run funny. [:D][:D]

Sold it..

BTW: Those leather seats sure will heat your rear end in the summer, and freeze you out in the winter!
    edited November -1
    bring it on to missouri. I have an import or two for you to try [:D]
  • lindalecowboylindalecowboy Member Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tneff1969
    Thread is useless without pics [:)]

amen to that, but really Z's are some of my favorite cars in all of auto history so PLEASE, post some pics.

I got to sit in a 2010 SS in a showroom near here. WOW, nice car but nothing beats the classics.
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 48,464 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not a Comaro if it doesn't have a clutch.
  • D1D1 Member Posts: 11,412
    edited November -1
  • yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,645 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Was that still LT1 or LS1? SLP intake and work yourself back[:D].
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Todesengel
    bring it on to missouri. I have an import or two for you to try [:D]
    LMAO.. I got 20 on todes..
    edited November -1
    a comment was made about a "clutch"....according to some local speed freaks and general 1/4 milers those years of Camaros were equipped with a stellar automatic transmission...its bullet proof and the 6 spd wasn't as popular because the automatic was such a good trans for launches....

Tode- you wanna race you can drive to VA....you get better gas mileage with your chainsaw on crack.....you can add all the turbos, superchargers, and nitrous you want...there is still no substitute for cubic inches....IMHO there is nothing sexy about the high pitched wine of a high reving 4 banger, and the spinning of front tires on a hard launch....unless your talking about a Supra Turbo, 300z or RX-7 those would be an exception
    edited November -1
    pics as requested

Camaro1.jpg
    camaro3.jpg
    Camaro1.jpg
    camaro5.jpg
    edited November -1
    Yosh it was the first year of the LS1...all aluminum block 305 hp/347 torque.....345 hp in the corvette
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shilowar
    a comment was made about a "clutch"....according to some local speed freaks and general 1/4 milers those years of Camaros were equipped with a stellar automatic transmission...its bullet proof and the 6 spd wasn't as popular because the automatic was such a good trans for launches....

Tode- you wanna race you can drive to VA....you get better gas mileage with your chainsaw on crack.....you can add all the turbos, superchargers, and nitrous you want...there is still no substitute for cubic inches....IMHO there is nothing sexy about the high pitched wine of a high reving 4 banger, and the spinning of front tires on a hard launch....unless your talking about a Supra Turbo, 300z or RX-7 those would be an exception
    psssshhhh. I learned at an early age (read tricycle) that fwd sucks. All I have are awd and rwd cars.

How about a pansy celica?
    P1010007.jpg

yup just a typical ricer till you pop the hood and see this;

tf05131x9ud.jpg

see the snail?

screamer.jpg

Or a easier one

IMG_2469.jpg

but of course it has twin rotrex superchargers.

So maybe what this screaming piece of rice sits in

7m4.jpg

or this one [:D]
    probeengine.jpg
    this one?

2jgt4788.jpg

Or last but not least
    rbs3.jpg
    edited November -1
    [:D][:D][:D]

Have your WIFE race him.. That'll really put him down in the dumps.
    edited November -1
    can't hide money.....the difference here is I'm just a poh civil servant...I'm paying 5k for a used car....

If I had a spare 50k laying around I could build a car like that...very nice cars...
    edited November -1
    can't hide money.....the difference here is I'm just a poh civil servant...I'm paying 5k for a used car....

If I had a spare 50k laying around I could build a car like that...very nice cars...
    I'm just giving you trouble man.To be fair though I do all my own work on my cars, so there is not as much money tied in them as people who give it to a shop and throw money at them. A heads, cam and long tube ellis juan is very hard to beat. 10 grand and you would waste everything I own. Very nice hp to price ratio. Congrats, and thanks
  • yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,645 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yosh it was the first year of the LS1...all aluminum block 305 hp/347 torque.....345 hp in the corvette

Ah, disco the "black box" (like in air planes), stroke the engine to 383-ish, reprogram the CPU and kill the governer, build a roll cage and get some "Z" rated tires. Save up for a good lawyer and cash for the judge[:D]. Unless you can outrun radios.
    edited November -1
    don't need cash for a lawyer...just need to run on a vacation day when my guys are working nights.....j/k

really that was a joke, before all you cop haters come out with your panties in a bind...I was really only speaking in jest.....kinda