In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Progressive insurance

Comments

• Options
    bartman45bartman45 Member Posts: 3,008 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can't stand the commercials. Wouldn't buy a thing from them.
  • Options
    buckstarbuckstar Member Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If I remember right, I am with progressive. I swore I would never do business with them after they jacked up my rate when I was young and the person on the phone laughed at me after doubling my cost. But now they are giving me a rate that is half what the local insurance company offers so what can I do?
  • Options
    buckstarbuckstar Member Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by BTDT
    quote:Originally posted by buckstar
    If I remember right, I am with progressive. I swore I would never do business with them after they jacked up my rate when I was young and the person on the phone laughed at me after doubling my cost. But now they are giving me a rate that is half what the local insurance company offers so what can I do?

Contact don, and have him kick their *. [}:)]

Paging "don".
  • Options
    Duce1Duce1 Member Posts: 9,329
    edited November -1
    I did not open or read your link but I know they stand behind the word " PROGRESSIVE " and the CEO`s claim to all be progressive in the political beliefs and thats why I would not do business with them at all.
  • Options
    nutfinnnutfinn Member Posts: 12,804 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckstar
    I am in the same boat with State Farm, I will never do business with them. Back in the day I even called them and told them that I never want to get any correspondence, nothing from them. Couple of months ago, I got a letter from a local insurance agent, drove to his office and told them to take me of their mailing list immediately. They screwed me about 20 years ago [8)]
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The owner of Progressive is a dope smoking ACLU funding America hating Obama lover.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/peterlewis.asp

Why give your money to the enemy when you have a choice not to???
  • Options
    Cornflk1Cornflk1 Member Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thought the owner was Soroes (sp)?
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,879 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    After getting screwed by at least 5 of the large insurance companies, I finally realized that they don't really care about 1 person.

So, I found an independent agent, who has thousands of customers, & therefore, leverage. He puts all his customers with a single company; if they screw any of us, he moves us all to another company. I don't care what it costs; I sleep well at night, because I know I have real protection.

Neal
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,934 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I did some shopping a few months back and went with Geico.
  • Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I go shopping every few years. It's time again.
    No one stays honest once they think they have your account bagged.
    We're besieged at least every week with some insurance co promising to better our rates.
  • Options
    Waco WaltzWaco Waltz Member Posts: 10,828 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Duce1
    I did not open or read your link but I know they stand behind the word " PROGRESSIVE " and the CEO`s claim to all be progressive in the political beliefs and thats why I would not do business with them at all.

They offered me a lower rate then the Met life but I went with Met life for the same reason. The CEO uses his profits for liberal anti Freedom causes.
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    USAA is a good company, good rates though their H.O. is higher so I went with Erie for everything.