In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Gadsden Flag Tags

shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
edited April 2012 in General Discussion
I get to order my new tags in April!!! Been waiting over a year for these to be available. It's the simple things.

LicensePlateImage.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Awesome! [8D]

Here in WI we have Cheesehead tags and "Save the wolf" tags. [xx(]

Jon
  • Options
    Wyatt EarpWyatt Earp Member Posts: 5,871
    edited November -1
    I'm envious! I wonder if Texas has those? Hmmm, then again, I wonder if it is a red flag to would-be theives that a gun might be inside, like my NRA sticker was to the punks who stole my G17. Prolly worth it though, cause the coolness factor of that tag is worth the risk.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Wyatt Earp
    I'm envious! I wonder if Texas has those? Hmmm, then again, I wonder if it is a red flag to would-be theives that a gun might be inside, like my NRA sticker was to the punks who stole my G17. Prolly worth it though, cause the coolness factor of that tag is worth the risk.

yeah, I worry more about the theft of the winch then them breaking into my truck. I'd like to find a cost effective way to secure my winch, currently its secured with a heavy cable lock.

the yellow tag will look good on my Navy blue truck, it'll look like a WV fans truck.
  • Options
    scrumpyjackscrumpyjack Member Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm not into putting decals on my vehicles, but I have a spot on the truck bumper that I'm going to cover with this.

ranger-up-shirt-11.jpg
  • Options
    Wyatt EarpWyatt Earp Member Posts: 5,871
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shilowar
    quote:Originally posted by Wyatt Earp

yeah, I worry more about the theft of the winch then them breaking into my truck. I'd like to find a cost effective way to secure my winch, currently its secured with a heavy cable lock.

the yellow tag will look good on my Navy blue truck, it'll look like a WV fans truck.

They make bolts we used at the carwash that had a head that can only be tightened, not loosened. Then maybe bugger up the threads below the nut so they need a wrench on the nut too. Then maybe some red Locktite to slow them down. Course, you'll need a torch if you ever need them off.

Just got my Jeep out for the day.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I got my plates...won't be able to hide when i got through the check points [:p]

never have license plates brought such joy [:D]
  • Options
    Duce1Duce1 Member Posts: 9,329
    edited November -1
    According to our Government you are now flagged as a possible enemy of the state..........
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Duce1
    According to our Government you are now flagged as a possible enemy of the state..........

I am sure I was flagged long ago...
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:it is a red flag to would-be theives that a gun fight might be inside

There- fixed it for you.
  • Options
    retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shilowar
    I get to order my new tags in April!!! Been waiting over a year for these to be available. It's the simple things.

LicensePlateImage.jpg
    I.... LIKE IT!

Wish NC had ANYTHING like that...
    Closest thing we have is an NRA plate... [:(]
  • Options
    andrewsw16andrewsw16 Member Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Put a bit of welding rod on the nut and threads to keep them from getting it off. After all, how often do YOU plan to be taking it off. Probably not until it malfunctions and you need to take it off for repair. Years.
  • Options
    retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Almost worth movin' to Virginia... [^]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by andrewsw16
    Put a bit of welding rod on the nut and threads to keep them from getting it off. After all, how often do YOU plan to be taking it off. Probably not until it malfunctions and you need to take it off for repair. Years.

My truck sits parked most of the time at home. I don't leave guns in it unattended, and its not left anywhere other than at my house for long periods of time. If someone steals the tags, I'll just make a police report and order a new set, I'm not really worried about it. I know there are folks out there that enjoy stealing (collecting) personalized tags so it wouldn't surprise me if they got stolen.

The yellow is much nicer in person, its more of a candy metallic like the new Ford Mustang sunburst color. Looks good on a Navy Blue truck, I might have to become a WVU fan just so I can have matching football apparel! I'd post a pic but not really interested in broadcasting my license plate number!! [8D]
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,649 ******
    edited November -1
    Congratulations! You must have got the very first set, all 0000's.[8D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jimdeere
    Congratulations! You must have got the very first set, all 0000's.[8D]

smartazz!!!! I guess I should have included small print for the literalists in the room.

This is representative of the license plates you will receive, these are NOT the exact license plate numbers you will receive