In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Rattling collapsible AR stock ... what to do?

kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
edited October 2010 in General Discussion
I've got a couple regular M4 type collapsible AR stocks; they're loose and rattle like crazy. I don't remember it bothering me too much until a couple years ago when I picked up a Magpul CTR stock that has the friction lock ... it seems to fit tighter even without the lock I like how solid it feels but I don't want to pay $100+ for more Magpul stocks ... anyone have a fix for this annoyance?
If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.

Comments

• Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    Duct tape[:o)]
  • Options
    quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 16,324
    edited November -1
    CTR.

I did read the post JSYK.
  • Options
    NwcidNwcid Member Posts: 10,674
    edited November -1
    Make sure you have the right stock on the right tube. The commercial and mil spec tubes are slightly different size (cant remember the size). The stock from one will fit on the the other and will be looser, but the stock from the other will not fit.

Baring doing that find some kind of tape you can place on the buffer tube to take up some of the space between the stock and tube.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I measured my tubes mine are roughly 1.17 and are commercial according to Magpul. Also according to Magpul, mil-spec is 1.14" and is the smaller of the two so thats not the answer.
  • Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    Could it just be you bought cheap and are now paying for it.

PS I'm really looking at Magpul after buying cheap.[:o)]
  • Options
    RTKBARTKBA Member Posts: 331 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you don't care about the stock, I can tell you what I did. Take it off and use a lighter to melt the plastic a little at the front of the stock, and carefully bend it in. My stock was still a little lose but it did take the rattle out. But I did eventually replace it with a ctr.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by grumpygy
    Could it just be you bought cheap and are now paying for it.

PS I'm really looking at Magpul after buying cheap.[:o)]
    Could be ... I never thought of it that way. Two are older/preban stocks that came with kits, one is a Tapco M4 stock another is a Bushmaster M4 stock, lastly a stock off of one of my SiG-556's that I did upgrade to a CTR.
  • Options
    Fep1990Fep1990 Member Posts: 632 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you are looking at replacing the stocks, take a look at the Magpul MOE stocks. they are made mil-spec as well as commercial. Mine are tight and have no slop. They run around 55.00
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like my CTR stock