In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

SOS

ZebraZebra Member Posts: 5,762
edited August 2008 in General Discussion
Here's a pic I just received of a freighter about to take on Hurricane GUSTAV 3PM CDT

GUSTAV.jpg

Comments

• watrulookinatwatrulookinat Member Posts: 4,693
    edited November -1
    WOW!!!! I WOULD DO AN ABOUT FACE.
  • brickmaster1248brickmaster1248 Member Posts: 3,344
    edited November -1
    WOW thats a beautiful but very scary picture. Wouldnt want to be on that freighter.
  • skeens41skeens41 Member Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    amazing pic. good luck to that crew
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    This was Isabell,

isabel1.jpg

This was another Isabell picture. Looks like the same picture to me. He might be fooling you.

isabel2.jpg
  • dongizmodongizmo Member Posts: 14,477 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    IIRC,
    That's photoshopped...
    Don
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
    edited November -1
    dheffley...your right! I just looked it up and that is a picture from Isabell. Lol that's messed up.
  • ZebraZebra Member Posts: 5,762
    edited November -1
    Guess you can't believe every email you receive!
  • RockatanskyRockatansky Member Posts: 11,175
    edited November -1
    Yeah, I believe it's an old fake that's going around. The shot of a cloud is real but they photoshop it to various backgrounds.
    edited November -1
    Yeah not always Zebra. People send all kinds of pictures.

But here I am durng our last hurricane:

Isabel20in20Anne20Arundel20County20.jpg
  • ZebraZebra Member Posts: 5,762
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by watrulookinat
    Yeah not always Zebra. People send all kinds of pictures.

But here I am durng our last hurricane:

Isabel20in20Anne20Arundel20County20.jpg

LMAO! [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
  • helicopter_pilothelicopter_pilot Member Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dheffley
    This was Isabell,

It wasn't Isabel either.

quote:Meteorologists (including Dr. Steve Lyons, the Weather Channel's hurricane expert) agree that the photos displayed above are not pictures of any hurricane at all, much less Hurricane Isabel, which struck the eastern United States in September 2003 - they depict shelf clouds or wall clouds typically associated with severe thunderstorms and tornadoes rather than hurricanes, and the water in the first picture appears too smooth for the area of an approaching hurricane. (Even if these images did depict the approach of a hurricane, they're too old to be photographs of Hurricane Isabel -- these same pictures were circulating as photographs of Hurricane Claudette back in July 2003 and of Cyclone Indigo in April 2003.

Some believe the photographs to have been taken in the midwestern U.S. or Great Lakes region, although at least one source identifies the first image as being a picture of Tropical Cyclone, which hit northwest Australia in February 2003.