In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Dan Kelly - Brisbane

drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,527 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2009 in General Discussion
Dan,

How far are you from Bribane Australia? Things are shutting down here quickly. I might be headed that way.

Dan

Comments

• fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    I believe he's a bit S. of there. Tasmania....
  • dan kellydan kelly Member Posts: 9,799
    edited November -1
    yep, fish is right.

i`m well south of brisbane.

consider going to perth in west australia, the recession didn`t hit there, there are still jobs going....what are your skills? i might be able to give you some advise. just email me if you want it kept private.
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,527 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dan kelly
    yep, fish is right.

i`m well south of brisbane.

consider going to perth in west australia, the recession didn`t hit there, there are still jobs going....what are your skills? i might be able to give you some advise. just email me if you want it kept private.

I think Perth is where the job is. Bechtel is the company. Not sure if oil, gas, or coal minerals.

I work in a side of operations.
    edited November -1
    i`m not sure what bechtel does, but over there it will be gas...that is about to boom like nothing else on earth,believe me on that, it`s going to be huge!

other than that it could be diamonds, gold, iron ore and a few other minor things, but there`s work there. you will be able to apply for a gun licence if you shift therer, the loophole is to get a farmer or grazier to give you written poermission then you will be ok with getting the licence and guns. the hunting is ok there, you will get sick of shooting pigs real quick!
    edited November -1
    They announced that my base is closing soon. I just put in for a lateral transfer that my manager recommended I do. Should be safe in that new position but to hedge my bets applied to Bechtel. If nothing else would be worth seeing what Bechtel is offering for pay. If it's up there, I might jump.
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Brisbane (Brisbin in 'Strain) is a pretty nice city from what we saw, one could do worse for a place to live. Don't know about Perth.
  • givettegivette Member Posts: 10,886
    edited November -1
    You will become a beer conisseur in no time! The generic 'Fosters' is much better there than over here, also! Best, Joe

Sidenote: Ref. the original Fosters..anybody know where/how I may buy imported beers that haven't been brewed for export? The same as the locals are served? I know wine is unaltered..how 'bout beer? Thanks, Joe
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by givette
    You will become a beer conisseur in no time! The generic 'Fosters' is much better there than over here, also! Best, Joe

Sidenote: Ref. the original Fosters..anybody know where/how I may buy imported beers that haven't been brewed for export? The same as the locals are served? I know wine is unaltered..how 'bout beer? Thanks, Joe

I like Fosters but I can't drink as much of it. Don't know if it still is, but it used to be stronger then most beers.

Have you tried the Polish beers? Zywiec & Okocim are both good and strong.
  • givettegivette Member Posts: 10,886
    edited November -1
    Drobs: Thanks for responding. I'll see if I can get some locally. Best, Joe
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Jeez, I never met an Aussie who drank Fosters. Think XXXX Gold, Boags and Cascade. Only yanks drink Fosters.
    edited November -1
    he dog`s right!..it isn`t a popular beer here with aussies. it`s a beer tourists drink.

the locals call it cat piss[xx(]