In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Urine test

crash2usafcrash2usaf Member Posts: 4,094
edited May 2008 in General Discussion
I received this in an email, and I loved and agreed with the message. Thought I would pass it on.

Like a lot of folks in this country...I have a job. I work, they pay me.

I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit.

In order to get that paycheck, I am required to pass a random urine test, with which I have no problem.

What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test.

Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them?

Please understand, I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet.

I do on the other hand have a problem with helping someone sitting on their butt and using drugs.

Could you imagine how much money the state would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check?

Please pass this along if you agree or simply delete if you don't.

Hope you all will pass it along though.

Comments

• Options
    crash2usafcrash2usaf Member Posts: 4,094
    edited November -1
    I know at least someone here has seen this before... Or got it in an email last year, but I still like it...

Like a lot of folks in this state, I have a job. I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit. In order to get that paycheck, I am required to pass a random urine test with which I have no problem. What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test. Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them? Please understand, I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet. I do, on the other hand, have a problem with helping someone sitting on their *, doing drugs, while I work. . . . Can you imagine how much money the state would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check ! ?
  • Options
    CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Urine test? Hell, you've got it easy, I have to pass a full blown 2 hour physical, EKG's, Xrays, Blood work, the whole works.

[:D]
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • Options
    cce1302cce1302 Member Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cubslover
    Urine test? Hell, you've got it easy, I have to pass a full blown 2 hour physical, EKG's, Xrays, Blood work, the whole works.

[:D]

3-4 times a year??
    That's how often we do p-tests.
    I also get HIV tested and PPD test once a year.
    Haven't had a physical in 5 years though, and it's a pretty physical job.. Weird, huh?
  • Options
    TxsTxs Member Posts: 18,801
    edited November -1
    Many drugs, such as meth, pass out of the body way too quickly for scheduled UA's to work.

Surprise, probation/parole officer showing up at the door with a cup type tests are about the only way these people ever come up dirty.
  • Options
    GotteskriegerGotteskrieger Member Posts: 3,170 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm agin drug tests!
  • Options
    huntergarrethuntergarret Member Posts: 702 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    oldnbaldoldnbald Member Posts: 3,578
    edited November -1
    I know that this has been posted previously, yet noone dumps on this guy for reposting it. ?????
  • Options
    davealddaveald Member Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It might cull the welfare rolls to much, it would upset the liberals.