In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Would any of you want tutorial on Android Offline

MBKMBK Member Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭
edited December 2012 in General Discussion
Would any of you want tutorial on Android Offline Maps?

I have been using a free Android GPS Map program that allows you to put the GPS indication on any jpeg map and run it while offline. This might be good for you for example as a big fishing depth/obstacle map, or a Hunting Game unit showing boundaries, or a specific purpose off road ATV trail.

I could set a time, and give general instruction on getting the Google Play app, and then have you copy the Southern Utah map onto your Android. This to use for instruction. It is from the State website and is not copyrighted.

Anyway, if you are interested, I could take a group through the process at a specific time.

This would of course, be one of several apps that do the job... apps like Maverick Pro, GaiaGPS, and even Google Maps can be run offline. But this would be a tutorial for specialty maps, even snapshots from a guidebook or Dept of Wildlife.

At least one Mod thinks it would be OK.... thanks Bpost.

The application on the Google PLAY STORE is called "Custom Maps"

Utahmapfile.JPG