In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Doin the Puyallup (gun show that is)

scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
edited August 2009 in General Discussion
I will have a table at the Puyallup gun show this weekend and I cordially invite anyone in the area to stop by and say hello. It would be fun to put some names with the faces I talk to here online.
I don't know exactly where I will be but my guess is out in the back 40 where they put the Saturday sellers...
If you're in the area, look me up. I will have my cute GF with me so we should be easy to spot.

Comments

• Options
    calrugerfancalrugerfan Member Posts: 18,209
    edited November -1
    I have a friend in Puyallup but she's not a gun person. Too bad I won't be able to make it up there anytime soon.
  • Options
    SpartacusSpartacus Member Posts: 14,415
    edited November -1
    quote:I will have my cute GF with me so we should be easy to spot.

better post a picture of the GF so we'll know who to look for.[;)]
    i was stationed at ft lewis for awhile. my daughter still lives in steilecom.
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tplumeri

+1

How far is Puyallup from here?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ECC

+1

It's right by Tacoma about 350 miles give or take from you I guess...
    here is a picture of GF. you might not recognize her though, I intend to make her wear clothes...LOL
    thtanya.jpg
    Oh wait, here is a more recent photo...dressed
    whitetrashheaven.jpg
  • Options
    COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Doin the Puyallup

...Thought this was about some hippie tree hugger dance you'd just learned...[:D]

ani-texas-flag-2.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by COLT
    quote:Doin the Puyallup

...Thought this was about some hippie tree hugger dance you'd just learned...[:D]

ani-texas-flag-2.gif

Nope, Washington residents will realize I played off the Western washington state fair advertizing which coined the phrase "do the puyallup" to encourage folks to attend. we get one building on the grounds for the gun show.
    I talked to the gal at the registration office and the show is nearly sold out, so it should be a good place to pick up that special gun you can't live without. I will be selling all my duplicates, regardless of loss....
  • Options
    tysonagreentysonagreen Member Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have no idea if I will make it down there (its less than an hour away for me), but if I do will you be there both days and how would I recognize your booth?
  • Options
    tysonagreentysonagreen Member Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Which is why I haven't been to either of the Western Washington shows in a long time. Everything there seems to be retail price or higher, but I don't really plan my weekends that far in advance so I don't know if I'm going or not.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    wow, what a bust....this was the least amount of people I have ever seen at a Gunshow. where the north parking lot is usually filled with over 1000 cars there may have been 100.
    where there is uaually elbo room only, people had time to stand and BS in front of the guns.
    I sold 4 took one in trade and barely got my money back from them.
    There is another show next weekend put on by WAC I may attend but I'm not going to have a table this time.
    this is a wierd deal, the guns at the show were actually more than on the auctions...people really have stopped spending moneyu in our neck of the woods....
    the worst thing was, no one from here came to my table. I was reaqlly hoping to meet some of you guys...[:(]
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,356 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    I pretty much save the gun shows for a winter/crappy weather thing. I got a ton of stuff to get done around here during good weather.
  • Options
    ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,647 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hobby as someone who lived in CA for 37 years and went to CA gunshows I can tell you the Puyallup shows I have been to were heads and shoulders above the CA ones-especially southern CA shows which you would think would be decent--CA shows are plain awful. I bet your MT shows are kickass though and would love to go to one someday. Scott I think the only reason this weekends show didn't have as many people is for 2 reasons--the last 3 shows were shoulder to shoulder people buying ammo & guns like crazy--those folks have spent their wad 2. Seafair is going on this weekend and people were out at that. And scott had I known you were gonna be there I would have come out--I was fishing. I have met Bert H. at the show before-wonder if he was there this weekend.

This is just my personal opinion and isn't worth much but I sure wish ALL the gunshows would keep the beanie baby & non gun stuff to a minimum. The one nice thing about the WAC shows is now and then they have collector displays-they had a Ruger, a S&W and a WWII collector display set up with hundreds of guns both historical and collectible with their owners.
  • Options
    35 Whelen35 Whelen Member Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by HobbyGuy
    quote:Originally posted by ECC

+1

I can assure you that it is further than it is worth the drive. I've been to several of their annual shows and the one in Missoula kicks it's *. The Puyallup shows remind me of the Kalifornia shows. Lots of commercial tables and few real gun sellers. Sure, there are lots of licensees selling there, but the prices would be the same in their stores. There is a 1000 table show coming up here at the University next Friday, Saturday and Sunday. That show would be more worth the drive time. [;)]

Jim

Thanks for the heads-up on the Missoula show. Going to make a note on the calendar. I'm hoping to find some more goodies for my M1 (ammo, maybe a milled trigger guard). If nothing else, the show is worth going just to look.
    An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.