In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Politicians & continuing ed.

dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
edited September 2016 in General Discussion
Should our politicians be REQUIRED to take continuing ed. Many professional jobs require it. I believe they should. Specifically constitutional law and economics because most have proved they know little of either... I suggest at least 40 hrs per year. All the way up to and including the president.

Comments

• Options
    guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ain't that the truth!
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i have to take an ethics class every 2 years, its all a scam because you cant teach ethics, its more like a tax than a class, same crap each class

term limits are the answer
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    can't teach continuing ed to self enriching scumbags who are re elected by ignorant voters...just about a perpetual motion setup...
  • Options
    US Military GuyUS Military Guy Member Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Who will teach it?
    Who decides what is taught?
    Who pays for it?

My answer?

NO!!!
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,781 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 1911a1-fan
    i have to take an ethics class every 2 years, its all a scam because you cant teach ethics, its more like a tax than a class, same crap each class

term limits are the answer

+1

I myself have completed Masters level ethics courses and see no benefit whatsoever to be gained especially when dealing with ESTABLISHMENT Washington politicians. All the ethics teachings in the world will not change the culture.

These people for the most part know they are wrong and honestly believe because of their position of power, they should be considered exempt and believe they are above the law.

The only way to end the corruption is to vote it out.