In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Don't know how true this is...

kissgoodnightkissgoodnight Member Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭
edited December 2013 in General Discussion

Comments

• TxsTxs Member Posts: 18,801
    edited November -1
    The figure for the Red Cross CEO's annual salary is seriously outdated. It's since gone above $1M.

The one whose salary is stated on this chart is no longer with them. According to Red Cross records she left with a severance package close to $800,000.

I've seen this agency in action at incidents a lot over the years and I'm no fan.
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I will only donate to "Second Harvest Food Bank".
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is true. Look at the Salvation Army. The President lives on peanuts while they work overtime to help the needy. I know first hand how good the Salvation Army is.

United Way is a fraud. Ten years ago the President was making $600K annually, he was a married 63 year old guy and was keeping a 19 year old prostitute/girlfriend in a condo in Florida and United Way was paying for her condo and car.

Red Cross is big time scam artists, I know it first hand.

• fideaufideau Member Posts: 11,893 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I only donate to St. Jude.
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    And NRA's Wayne La Peirre makes about $970,000, what is your point?

I am not way into ex officers making a pile and stock options and bonuses when the corporation loses money and having a golden parachute in the wings, but that seems to be the way it is done. Why should the CEO of a multimillion dollar charity work for minimum wage?

For what it is worth, I don't think La Peirre is worth a nickle.

Flame away TR Fox.
  • kumatekumate Member Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    tithe to your home church first, the money goes to the people who really need it an admin cost are very low
  • 11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We give to our local church, our local volunteer fire dept and volunteer rescue squad. We also donate to Fisher House. They are listed as one of the 10 best charities in the US. Sort of the Ronald McDonald House for military hospitals. Although located at a military hospital, get NO govt funding. You can also donate frequent flyer miles- many airline match your contributed miles.
  • chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,718 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is true. The government itself acknowledges the exact amounts of money going to the cause and to overhead in all tax exempt status orgs.
    I too find it disturbing and many people who donate are completely unaware.

One person I know quit donating altogether. His words, not mine:
    "Why donate at all when a person can go to the nearest welfare office or visit their nearest community organizer and find out how get benefits and entitlements from the government equivalent to around $28K per year?"