In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Understanding my Healthcare choices

mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2016 in General Discussion
I have to pay for health insurance, I am self employed.

So if I read correctly all healthcare plans sold other then short term care, grandfathered or Government plans must meet the ACA minimum standards.

So any heath insurance I buy has to meet these Obamacare standards.

The current plan I have is BC/BS it costs about 550 a month and the wife also so a little over 1K a month. 12.5K a year.

The plan has a 6500 deductible each. So before insurance pays anything we have dropped 12.5K+ on the plan and potentially 13K in deductible or at least 6500.

If they eliminate Obamacare will we see savings?

Is the insurance company going to lower their rates?
Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!

Comments

• Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,912 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mogley98
    I have to pay for health insurance, I am self employed.

So if I read correctly all healthcare plans sold other then short term care, grandfathered or Government plans must meet the ACA minimum standards.

So any heath insurance I buy has to meet these Obamacare standards.

The current plan I have is BC/BS it costs about 550 a month and the wife also so a little over 1K a month. 12.5K a year.

The plan has a 6500 deductible each. So before insurance pays anything we have dropped 12.5K+ on the plan and potentially 13K in deductible or at least 6500.

If they eliminate Obamacare will we see savings?

Is the insurance company going to lower their rates?

Well look at it this way. Before the DEMOCRAT party screwed most of us with the ACA, you and your doctor were in charge of your healthcare.

The ACA placed the INSURANCE companies and the GOVERNMENT in charge of your healthcare. Do you think for one minute the insurance companies are going to lower their rates? Many are big DEMOCRAT donors.

Under the current model, you are supposed
    to shop for your healthcare thru a GOVERNMENT controlled exchange. Don't expect to find any substantial savings onless your income is below the poverty level or if you're unemployed.