In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Weatherby XXII 22lr plug

toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2017 in General Discussion
http://www.GunBroker.com/item/702594781

Bought this a while back, and decided that I don't really need it. It's too bad that the original owner did what he did to it, but oh well. Just wondering what it'll bring, some things are really hard to judge. Luckily I bought it right from my LGS, and shouldn't get hurt. As always, thanks for looking[^]

Comments

• IdahoboundIdahobound Member Posts: 20,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    On my watch list. I have one that the wood is mess up on and needs a mag. Might be able to make one good one out of 2 problem ones.
  • NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,566 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The dipwad didn't even have the decency to scribble where it was hidden by the wood!
  • toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by NeoBlackdog
    The dipwad didn't even have the decency to scribble where it was hidden by the wood!

Other than the scribbling, it's in mint condition. I seen it the first day that it came into my LGS, and it was part of an estate that was going on consignment. It had a Leupold VX II on it that the owner had scribed his name on also. Since I work 5 minutes from Leupold I took it down there to see what it would cost to have the main tube replaced. I figured that since I was into the gun cheap enough, it might be worth the $$ to pay their price. They called me up a couple of days later and told me that the scope was too old, and they didn't have the parts to replace the main tube. I went down to pick it up and they handed me a brand new VX-2 in matte. I told them that I wanted gloss to match the rifle, but they no longer make gloss scopes as standard production. 3 days later I stopped by to pick up a brand new 3-9 VX-2 out of the custom shop all because the original owner had engraved his name on the main tube. WAY TO GO LEUPOLD!!!. So in other words, I'm into this gun about $50...Bid away Gents..[;)][:D]
  • Ricci WrightRicci Wright Member Posts: 8,260 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Too bad he wasn't someone famous. [:)]
  • GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I jacked it a little. Won't be high bidder for long. Darn, that thing looks GOOD until I see the electro pencil dung. What a clown.[|)]
  • 204targetman204targetman Member Posts: 3,493
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by toad67
    quote:Originally posted by NeoBlackdog

Other than the scribbling, it's in mint condition. I seen it the first day that it came into my LGS, and it was part of an estate that was going on consignment. It had a Leupold VX II on it that the owner had scribed his name on also. Since I work 5 minutes from Leupold I took it down there to see what it would cost to have the main tube replaced. I figured that since I was into the gun cheap enough, it might be worth the $$ to pay their price. They called me up a couple of days later and told me that the scope was too old, and they didn't have the parts to replace the main tube. I went down to pick it up and they handed me a brand new VX-2 in matte. I told them that I wanted gloss to match the rifle, but they no longer make gloss scopes as standard production. 3 days later I stopped by to pick up a brand new 3-9 VX-2 out of the custom shop all because the original owner had engraved his name on the main tube. WAY TO GO LEUPOLD!!!. So in other words, I'm into this gun about $50...Bid away Gents..[;)][:D]

It sure seems leupold takes customer satisfaction seriously. I have one on the deer rifle. and one on the .22. makes you feel good to know there are companies like that out there.
  • retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would think that someone who works with bluing on a professional level, should be capable of getting that mess buffed out and fixed.
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What makes people do That?

I bet the guy who did that is the same guy who drives around all day with his left blinker on[V]
    RLTW

• toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by retroxler58
    I would think that someone who works with bluing on a professional level, should be capable of getting that mess buffed out and fixed.

I was thinking the same thing Rob.