In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Marine finish 870

txlawdogtxlawdog Member Posts: 10,039 ✭✭
edited May 2008 in General Discussion
Anyone have one of these? They are a couple hundred more than a regular 870, I just wondered if they were worth it? I guess the idea is if it is going to be around salt water you need some sort of finish like that? Do you have to have a gun finished like that? What will salt water do to a regular blue or parkerized gun?

Comments

• Options
    BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have an 870 Marine Magnum. I have had it for 14 or 15 years and I really like it. I don't boat with it and I don't swim in the ocean with it. I built it up with a Speed Feed stock and Surefire forend. It has a smooth action, closer to my 870 Wingmaster than a standard Express. Remington has a new black finish marine shotgun.
  • Options
    Wolf.Wolf. Member Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ====
    I have an 870 2-3/4" chamber Police Wingmaster (18" barrel), blue finish that I bought back around 1979 or so. I have ridden it hard and put it away wet many times in my quest to rid the world, or at least my piece of it, of California Ground Squirrels. It never has rusted up. I use a Sentry Marine Tuf-Cloth to protect it and haven't had any issues with corrosion.
  • Options
    wartigerwartiger Member Posts: 3,861
    edited November -1
    I know alot of Coastal L.E agencies use these as they are less prone to salt "air" corrosion, at least they are supposed to be. Plus they look REALLY cool![:D] Mossberg makes a similiar finished gun for alot less money however.