.

Further proof the BCS is just BS!!

wartigerwartiger Member Posts: 3,861
edited November 2010 in General Discussion
One week ago, the BCS jumped Auburn over Oregon, Boise and TCU to the #1 ranking. Well, to follow up, Auburn goes out and beats a tough Ole Miss team in Oxford, 51-31. Oregon goes and beats an average USC team by roughly the same score. Now, the BCS is so fickle, they just made Oregon #1. This is the same arguement I made last week when Auburn jumped Oregon....How can a team that did not lose DROP in the rankings? I truly do not understand this.

Comments

  • PanzerSlayer2PanzerSlayer2 Member Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not sure if they still maintain strength of schedule. You are only looking at this week's wins. You have to look at the win/loss of all your prior opponents. Someone or all of Auburn's prior victories must have lost to a weaker team. After you beat a team you have to cheer those teams continue to win.
  • BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,238 ******
    edited November -1
    They want people to believe that the Ducks "crack crack" are better then they are. Let them be #1, it'll just make their fall back to earth that much better.[}:)]
  • wartigerwartiger Member Posts: 3,861
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by PanzerSlayer2
    Not sure if they still maintain strength of schedule. You are only looking at this week's wins. You have to look at the win/loss of all your prior opponents. Someone or all of Auburn's prior victories must have lost to a weaker team. After you beat a team you have to cheer those teams continue to win.


    Strength of schedule? Auburn has beaten 4 teams ranked in the top 25...Mississippi State, South Carolina, Arkansas and LSU. Oregon has beaten Stanford and USC. Let's not forget New Mexico (0-8), Portland State (2-6), Washington State (1-8) UCLA (3-5), Tennessee (2-6) and Arizona State,(4-4). Only two teams Oregon has played has a winning record!! Please, give me a better arguement than that. I will listen and even debate, if it's worth debating.
  • hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 11,386 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    someone there just doesn't like you wartiger.... end of debate! [;)]
  • RtWngExtrmstRtWngExtrmst Member Posts: 7,456
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by hillbille
    someone there just doesn't like you wartiger.... end of debate! [;)]

    Only way to settle it is Auburn to play Oregon. Probably not going to happen.
  • wartigerwartiger Member Posts: 3,861
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by hillbille
    someone there just doesn't like you wartiger.... end of debate! [;)]


    And with that, I surrender![;)]
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,822 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Maybe if the BCS is REALLY screwed up,......the Gators might have a shot still at the championship, ehh?[:0][:D][:o)]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • wartigerwartiger Member Posts: 3,861
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Marc1301
    Maybe if the BCS is REALLY screwed up,......the Gators might have a shot still at the championship, ehh?[:0][:D][:o)]


    If history is any indication, in theory, it's possible and here's why......they are still alive for the S.E.C. East title, thus, the S.E.C. Championship. If they win the S.E.C., everybody knows the S.E.C. winner gets an automatic bid to the BCS title game.[;)]






    But, seriously, no.[:D]
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,822 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wartiger
    quote:Originally posted by Marc1301
    Maybe if the BCS is REALLY screwed up,......the Gators might have a shot still at the championship, ehh?[:0][:D][:o)]


    If history is any indication, in theory, it's possible and here's why......they are still alive for the S.E.C. East title, thus, the S.E.C. Championship. If they win the S.E.C., everybody knows the S.E.C. winner gets an automatic bid to the BCS title game.[;)]






    But, seriously, no.[:D]

    Oh man,.....I was hoping for more![:(!][8D]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • wartigerwartiger Member Posts: 3,861
    edited November -1
    Sorry. I had to go there.[:D]
Sign In or Register to comment.