In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

I think I got poofed!

SpartacusSpartacus Member Posts: 14,415
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
what happened to my post about the marigolds???
tom

Comments

• Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    "I think I got poofed!"

Relax.

My ex-wife told me it happens to a lot of guys.

Apparently, she'd know.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Hey Tom...I don't know what happened to your post, but I tried to email you the other day through the GB system and it got bounced back to me as undeliverable. Would you please shoot me an email that I could respond too.?.?
  • TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,559 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    you guys have to send Tom smoke signals because he's that far out in the boondocks. Hahaha I know where he is and I'm not telling anyone here. Ps Send money and I will tell you.[}:)]
  • SpartacusSpartacus Member Posts: 14,415
    edited November -1
    quote:Trust me, I know from experience that those are POT leaves

thanks roger, youre a true friend![;)]

eric, I can't figure out this email thing; it rejects "normal" folks (I use that term loosely![;)]) and allows spam from all corners of the earth!
    I sent you an email.

tom
    edited November -1
    quote:My ex-wife told me it happens to a lot of guys.

I know, but its NEVER happened to me![:(]
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    You or Gunbroker neither one wants an investigation coming from pictures posted here. Gone is the best place for that post, and you need to correct your email information on your profile.
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    I think it got PUFFED...
    edited November -1
    quote:You or Gunbroker neither one wants an investigation coming from pictures posted here. Gone is the best place for that post, and you need to correct your email information on your profile.

HMMMM, think big brother is investigating every picture of weeds available on the internet?
    I checked my email, works fine as long as i empty out all the spam. did you have trouble finding me? (i know eric tried)
    I seem to be getting the GB notices that I won the auction OK. but others have told me the same about getting mail kicked back. when I increase the security to stop the spam, alot of "good" emails get blocked. It's windows XP, any cures?
    thanks
    tom
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tplumeri
    quote:You or Gunbroker neither one wants an investigation coming from pictures posted here. Gone is the best place for that post, and you need to correct your email information on your profile.

HMMMM, think big brother is investigating every picture of weeds available on the internet?
    I checked my email, works fine as long as i empty out all the spam. did you have trouble finding me? (i know eric tried)
    I seem to be getting the GB notices that I won the auction OK. but others have told me the same about getting mail kicked back. when I increase the security to stop the spam, alot of "good" emails get blocked. It's windows XP, any cures?
    thanks
    tom

Hmmmmmmm, do you think GB would be happy if they got a visit due to your post? And you would be surprized to know how much money is being spent on internet investigations just from people posting funny pictures or film clips on the internet.

The poof was to protect GB, not you. You shouldn't have posted it on their forum claiming it was yours. You put them at risk of an investigation looking for you when they had nothing to do with it.

As silly as it seems to all of us, Let's not do that again.

PS, if you haven't figured it out by now, I poofed it.
  • givettegivette Member Posts: 10,886
    edited November -1

thanks
    tom

Yes. If you see an E-mail you want to go through in the future, place it into your address book. That overrides the spam blocker, because it is on your "good fellas" list. Joe
    edited November -1
    quote:And you would be surprized to know how much money is being spent on internet investigations just from people posting funny pictures or film clips on the internet.

I had no Idea. (i'm being serious)
    but I fail to see how GB could be liable for my pictures (?).
    you'd think the internet police would concentrate on those sexual predators and nigerian money scams.
    but just fwi, out here in the midwest the stuff grows wild all over. every year I burn of close to an acre of it (total, not one patch).
    It's more a nuisance than anything, kinda like musk thistle.
    I'm not arguing with you, and I don't really care who poofed it.[:)]
    edited November -1
    quote:That overrides the spam blocker, because it is on your "good fellas" list. Joe

thanks joe, but what about new contacts that I want to get emails from?
    if the spam filter is too high I don't get alot of emails I want (like GB auction results )
  • A J ChristA J Christ Member Posts: 7,534
    edited November -1
    Next time you get ready to burn off some of that ditch weed, post your intentions on some place like maybe High Times. Some folks might want to get down wind of the burn.
  • MgderfMgderf Member Posts: 907 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:And you would be surprized to know how much money is being spent on internet investigations just from people posting funny pictures or film clips on the internet.

I had no Idea. (i'm being serious)
    but I fail to see how GB could be liable for my pictures (?).
    you'd think the internet police would concentrate on those sexual predators and nigerian money scams.
    but just fwi, out here in the midwest the stuff grows wild all over. every year I burn of close to an acre of it (total, not one patch).
    It's more a nuisance than anything, kinda like musk thistle.
    I'm not arguing with you, and I don't really care who poofed it.[:)]

+1 Here in the mid-west, there are no less than two counties (15 minutes from my house) that arrest people every year around "harvest time", for picking "ditch weed". The stuff was planted back around the thirties I believe, for "hemp rope". It has been growing wild ever since, and is the bane of local LE. It's not worth anything, but the fools from out of state don't know, or don't care. They'll sell anything they can get for free.[V]
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    Don't worry.

Law will be by to confiscate your land in the morning.
  • 53hawkeye53hawkeye Member Posts: 4,673
    edited November -1
    It was ironic. My own dad showed me the evil[}:)] weed, first. He hates druggies to this day.

I was about 12-13 when my dad pointed out wild weed growing in the ditch. I never knew or even was curious at that point.

We would always read, in local paper, back in the sixties, where some dirty hippies from California got busted picking that very weed for prospective sale back where they came from.

It was always said "Iowa Ditch" couldn't get a fly high. But it sure grew in prodigious quantity, and to great heights in the fertile soil there.

I'm sure it was researched, by the same Ag folks that planted it for hemp rope, and what was planted was low in THC and hi in tensile strength only.

THC or tensile strength aside, it'll get you busted either way I'm thinking,[xx(]

How's Mr. Mackey, on South Park, say? Drugs er bad. M'kay[:D]