In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

we are 50 not 49 or 30 or 1

remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
edited July 2008 in General Discussion
What the problem is with the United States. Is everybody wants change. But if they have to do anything to obtain it, then they say its to much trouble, i don't want to get involved, i can't afford to help, i can't make, a difference by myself so why try, if i take arms then i might die.
You know, that's why we are losing all our rights, and the rich get richer. This is why our nation isn't what it was for our fathers and forefathers. It just didn't happen and is happening just because that's the way it is. It happened and is happening because we let and are letting it happen to us. Our fathers and forefathers would be ashamed of us if they knew that we are letting this (not just the fuel prices but everything) happen to this country with out putting up a fight.
If i didn't try with my every breath to make this country; our home, a better place to live in for my kids, grand kids, and so on, then... (Well lets just say even though I'm an old man) my father would have whipped me to an inch of my life with a willow switch!.. and you know what, if he would say to me, its o.k. son, let someone else burden the responsibility of making this world a better place for your kids, and just sit idly by and do nothing. Well I would have whipped him with a willow switch.
Our fathers and forefathers fought and died for a better life for us, for our freedom, for a chance to make a better life for our self, and obtain the American dream. And for what, so we can do nothing to preserve it? I say no, i say this is a disgrace. Not only to us, but also to our wives, our children, and most of all to our forefathers that sacrificed so much to leave it a better place than before they received it from their forefathers.
It took our forefathers over, i repeat over two hundred years to give us this nation the way it is. And it only took us some 50 years to destroy that way of life they sacrificed so much for. This nation is in a state of decay, and it won't stop until we stop it. And to stop it we have to start getting off our dead butts and start getting involved!
I know that I'm part of the minority that feels this way. And please don't insult me by saying that I'm not. The state of this country is proof positive that myself, and like-minded people are in the minority. Or it would be as good as it once was. Were we could afford a stay at home parent, have all the rights that were given to us.
Sorry to all that i have ranted. This is only my opinion, and anymore a mans opinion doesn't mean a thing like it once did, before our way of life deteriorated. I'm sitting here debating if i should post this. And if i do, i want everybody here to know that i feel most of you here are in this minority that i speak

Comments

• Options
    beneteaubeneteau Member Posts: 8,553 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Several years ago, we were classified as the "silent majority".

Unfortunately, I think we still are. (silent, that is)
    0M9InwN.gif[
  • Options
    carrie2carrie2 Member Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    +1
    Kentucky born and raised!
  • Options
    iceracerxiceracerx Member Posts: 8,860 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Maybe "everyone" need to really think about something?

There are ONLY three things that can be done to anything;

It can be made better;

It can be made worse;

It can be left alone.

Change for changes sake isn't the brightest way to go.
  • Options
    brickmaster1248brickmaster1248 Member Posts: 3,344
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by iceracerx
    Maybe "everyone" need to really think about something?

There are ONLY three things that can be done to anything;

It can be made better;

It can be made worse;

It can be left alone.

Change for changes sake isn't the brightest way to go.

Ill have to disagree respectively. There are only two things that can be done and that is change for the better or worse. If things are left alone it will not stay the same it will only get worse.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Can you cite an example of something that got worse by remaining the same?
  • Options
    dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,941 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

My first marriage. Don
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcon12

My first marriage. Don

You must seek out females with failing eyesight, or the legally blind.

Were you and Helen Keller ever an item?
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    edited November -1

No i cannot. But it is a physical impossibility for this country to remain the same given its downward spiral morally and politically. In order to remain the same, the current condition cannot be changing daily which is what I see.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    So a change back to the previous change when "things" were hunky dory is in order?

I saw an ad on the boob tube that announced that the US is now a "consumer" nation. Unless we "Change" BACK into a "producer" nation, we haven't got a chance of surviving (IMHO).
  • Options
    edited November -1
    So a change back to the previous change when "things" were hunky dory is in order?

I saw an ad on the boob tube that announced that the US is now a "consumer" nation. Unless we "Change" BACK into a "producer" nation, we haven't got a chance of surviving (IMHO).

I agree