In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Thank God for restrictions.

BOBBYWINSBOBBYWINS Member Posts: 7,810
edited August 2008 in General Discussion
Dodged a bullet lately.

My place sets about 1/4 mile from the county road.The guy we bought it from PROMISED us on several occasions before we closed that the remaining 50 acres between us and the road would never be sold as long as he was alive."I'm a farmer,not a real estate person",was his exact words.

RIGHT![V]

I always took this guy as an upstanding straight up kind'a guy.Boy was I wrong.The ink wasn't dry on our deal before he had it all for sale,divided into 6 or 7 tracts.

Sold like hot cakes.2-3 acre tracts went for $50,000 a pop.The larger tracts around $7,000 an acre.

Got 6 $2-300,000 homes along the road now an one between me and them.

The only tract that hasn't been built on yet(15 acres) is directly in front of me w/the property line only about 75 feet away.

Got wind the other day that some Californiac offered ABOVE the asking price ($112,000) if he would/could get the restrictions relaxed so he could put in a MOBILE HOME PARK.[:0][:(!][:(][V]

I guess it's a good thing he lives on one of the front lots.

Mrs.Wins would have killed him.

BW

Comments

• Options
    brickmaster1248brickmaster1248 Member Posts: 3,344
    edited November -1
    I personally would never move anywhere where theres restrictions especially if it wasnt a neighborhood. I may be a minority here but if i have 2,5 or even a ten acre track i would want to do anything i wanted. that is why i wouldve bought it so i would have plenty of room to do what i wish. Restrictions are fine if you can abide by them but i wouldnt be able to. By the way i wouldnt want a trailor park in front of me either but just one trailor on there tract of land would be just fine with me.