In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Bakery employees fired for closing...,

Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
edited June 2018 in General Discussion
http://abcstlouis.com/news/nation-world/oregon-bakery-fires-employees-for-denying-black-woman-service-after-closing

PORTLAND, Ore. ?
Two employees of a bakery in Portland, Oregon were fired earlier this month for denying a black woman service because the business had closed.

"Back To Eden Bakery" released several public apologies and statements following the incident, before letting the employees go. In one Facebook post, the bakery's co-owner wrote, "We are doing business in a gentrified neighborhood in a racist city within a racist state of a racist country.?

In one statement, "Back To Eden Bakery" says that according to its own surveillance video, a black woman named "Lillian", who is well known in the area as a "professional equity activist", entered at 9:06 p.m., after the bakery's closing time. Employees had also turned off the "Open" sign, but several customers (all white) who had already ordered were still inside. Two other white women who went to the bakery two minutes before "Lillian", and were also informed that the business was closed for the night.

The bakery says "Lillian" left the store briefly and began recording video.

The bakery's statement says that even though it does not consider the employees to be racist and that they were following the business's protocol of closing at 9 p.m., they were fired because "sometimes impact outweighs intent." The bakery also says in the statement that the way the employees went about denying the woman service, "lacked sensitivity and understanding of the racial implications at work."

In the statement "Back To Eden" says the employees were fired because the woman and the "clamoring public" demanded they be fired.

In one statement, the bakery admitted that the employees did not necessarily do anything wrong, "this is more about how a black woman was made to feel" at the business.

That statements have since been deleted.

The bakery has also volunteered to participate in Portland's second "Reparations Happy Hour", a black-only event in which whites donate money, and the hosting business hands out $10 bills to all "black, brown, and minority ethnicities" who walk into the business.

Comments

• Options
    nemesisenforcernemesisenforcer Member Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rack Ops

The bakery has also volunteered to participate in Portland's second "Reparations Happy Hour", a black-only event in which whites donate money, and the hosting business hands out $10 bills to all "black, brown, and minority ethnicities" who walk into the business.

What in the ever living . . . .
  • Options
    redneckandyredneckandy Member Posts: 9,685 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't have much to say to that.[V][V]
  • Options
    mnrivrat48mnrivrat48 Member Posts: 1,711 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have never considered myself as a person who is prejudice regarding race. This type of BS however tests my sense of right and wrong along racial lines.

People of any color/race who think they desirve privaledge are not worth spit as far as I am concerned. The raal racist in this story is the black woman. Now two people loose their jobs because they didn't treat her special. As far as the owners of the Bakery catering to this person by firing two people who were doing their jobs, I would not buy as much as a stick of gum from that business.
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,555 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    more PC BS shoved down our necks some going out of there way to get attention and find a reason to sue

when I was 16 I was asst manager of a local grocery store I closed thru the week and also opened the store on the weekends
    10.00 we closed thru the week . I would lock the door not let any one in ( there were always people bitching and crying they did not know the time ) if we had the stragglers just dragging there feet I would start turning off the lights then I would just tell them your done we closing get to the register . did not matter to me there race or gender or age I was closing the store [:D][:D]
    owners thought I was a wild child any way but never once told me to stop kicking people out at closing
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,000 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ditch-Runner
    more PC BS shoved down our necks some going out of there way to get attention and find a reason to sue

++++ yep,,[:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!]
  • Options
    mag00mag00 Member Posts: 4,719 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hope they sue the bakery out of business for wrongful termination.
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The nation just becomes more f****d up by the day, as this kind of stuff is ALLOWED to take place.
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tired of their BS yet?
    Like I told the Real estate agent.

"No where near...."
    3 destroyed hometowns has been enough.
  • Options
    brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,035 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    WTH is Reparations happy hour ? I live in a nothing town out in the woods in NW CT . I have never heard of this. This is a joke right ?
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    They chose to live in Oregon. I would not live in Oregon, Washington, or California given the number of nutjobs, taxes, or political climate that currently exists there now.
  • Options
    WearyTravelerWearyTraveler Member Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "professional equity activist" - in other words, a race baiting *...
    ”People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    - GEORGE ORWELL -
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    so called "reparations" should be labeled SOCIAL EXTORTION...NO doubt the black botch did this deliberately....so ALL whites should boycott this business and see how they survive on ethnic "purchases"
  • Options
    NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,638 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by brier-49
    WTH is Reparations happy hour ? I live in a nothing town out in the woods in NW CT . I have never heard of this. This is a joke right ?

It's the latest thing for the left wing loons in Portland, OR.
    http://forums.GunBroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=710663
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote: "We are doing business in a gentrified neighborhood in a racist city within a racist state of a racist country.?

That statement tells me all I need to know about the owner, he is a libtard POS and needs his * kicked.
    RLTW

• Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,476 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Two white folks were turned away prior to this social justice whorier, yet she, and apparently the owners seem to think she was singled out because of her race.

Goes to prove these race baiters are not after equal treatment at all. The demand special treatment, and have apparently cowed enough people to get it.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    May the fired employees reap great wealth in health and prosperity, and may the perps die and go straight to hell without passing GO, in a slow and most agonizing fashion.

The Jefferson Davis Park has been vandalized on numerous occasions due to these kind of lowlife, scumsucking NAZIS.
    What's next?
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    LOL self hating liberals are so entertaining.
  • Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mag00
    Hope they sue the bakery out of business for wrongful termination.

Never happen in Oregon. You can be fired for anything.
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OBAMA...The gift that keeps on giving!

That SOB set race relations back 150 years after he was elected president.
  • Options
    Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I?m sure most of you know that when it comes to race I am not your typical tattoed redneck hillbilly truckdriver, I am very open minded when it comes to race and have friends and family that are non white and non Christian. But crap like his can easily put racist thoughts in ones head, this race baiting crap needs to stop, I?m so sick of racist blacks baiting whites into a racist situation forcing whites to go on the defensive. Look at our president, the left can?t beat him through legal and moral means so they just label him as a racist pig and let nature take its course. Once a white is publicly labeled racist it is hard if not impossible to shake it.
  • Options
    Tech141Tech141 Member Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Maybe we can let them know how we feel.....

https://www.backtoedenbakery.com/

(503) 477-5022

John Blomgren
    Co-Owner
    General Manager

Garrett Jones
    Co-Owner
    Executive Chef
  • Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Tech141
    Maybe we can let them know how we feel.....

https://www.backtoedenbakery.com/

(503) 477-5022

John Blomgren
    Co-Owner
    General Manager

Garrett Jones
    Co-Owner
    Executive Chef

Sent
  • Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Big Sky Redneck
    I?m sure most of you know that when it comes to race I am not your typical tattoed redneck hillbilly truckdriver, I am very open minded when it comes to race and have friends and family that are non white and non Christian. But crap like his can easily put racist thoughts in ones head, this race baiting crap needs to stop, I?m so sick of racist blacks baiting whites into a racist situation forcing whites to go on the defensive. Look at our president, the left can?t beat him through legal and moral means so they just label him as a racist pig and let nature take its course. Once a white is publicly labeled racist it is hard if not impossible to shake it.

The activist whites led by the ANTIFA types are worse yet!
    What's next?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am a Cracker and you boys call me one all you want. I know what it means.

I'm also a racist as I've studied anthropology and know there are differences between races. I recognize the diversity.
    Racism hasn't always had a bad connotation. It became non-PC in the late 20's and 30's to debunk NAZI research into genetics.

What the great unwashed don't realize is that science is science no matter who does the research.

Dr William Shockley of transistor fame did research after the war into genetics and his finding were much the same as the NAZI's so he's on the crap list.

Scientist stay PC now to keep a job, but anyone that digs a little can find data that shows we are not all born equal. The last major work to make it onstage was the Jan2012 copy of NATGEO in a article called TWINS. If you are intelligent enough to understand what you are reading, it will knock your socks off!

BTW; I've heard a lot of cowards claim to not be racist, but I've never heard a coward claim to be racist.
  • Options
    gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    Just another reason to never visit the Pacifist NorthWaste.
  • Options
    mag00mag00 Member Posts: 4,719 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by p3skyking

I'm also a racist as I've studied anthropology and know there are differences between races. I recognize the diversity.
    Racism hasn't always had a bad connotation. It became non-PC in the late 20's and 30's to debunk NAZI research into genetics.

What the great unwashed don't realize is that science is science no matter who does the research.

Dr William Shockley of transistor fame did research after the war into genetics and his finding were much the same as the NAZI's so he's on the crap list.

Scientist stay PC now to keep a job, but anyone that digs a little can find data that shows we are not all born equal. The last major work to make it onstage was the Jan2012 copy of NATGEO in a article called TWINS. If you are intelligent enough to understand what you are reading, it will knock your socks off!

BTW; I've heard a lot of cowards claim to not be racist, but I've never heard a coward claim to be racist.

Blond hair and blue eyes, I am by default racist. So be it.

Racism is not bigotry. But the narrative is pushing white guilt.
  • Options
    droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Didn't do anything wrong but WERE FIRED because: "sometimes impact outweighs intent."
    bsmeter.gif
    Dumbest crock of crap I've read about this month, but it's only the first day.[:D]
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can believe it. Portland is full of DEMOCRATs and if the employee had not been fired, the wrath of the party ala Alinski would besiege the bakery.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mag00
    quote:Originally posted by p3skyking

Blond hair and blue eyes, I am by default racist. So be it.

Racism is not bigotry. But the narrative is pushing white guilt.

Exactly and most White people are gutless cowards to stand up and are too stupid to realize they don't have to make excuses or apologize for being White. Whites built the world. I wrote about the Age of Discovery here months ago, but most here are yellow bellies. That means you piss your pants at the first sign of conflict for the stupid White people. [:(!]
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i hope the owners of this bakery have their lips blister from kissin * of an ethnicity that would bankrupt them on a whim and never look back.....
  • Options
    dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Sam06
    quote: "We are doing business in a gentrified neighborhood in a racist city within a racist state of a racist country.?

That statement tells me all I need to know about the owner, he is a libtard POS and needs his * kicked.

Notice he's not doing business in an "ungentrified" part of town. Evidently he only talks the talk. His favorite colors are white and green - as in White folks handing over their green for deposit in to his bank account. The only black he cares about is his bottom line.
  • Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am not racist, so I find that the company wanting to give a black person or any other racial background preferential treatment is racist