In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Idiots that are terrified of sweet dogs bug me....

2»

Comments

• Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i like dogs....but my grandkids (identical triplets) are more important than anyones dog...especially on MY property...neighbor at lake had a large german shepard that would go after kids, even got on another neighbor guy 6' when he was down on ground working on his own property...i have gone out several times when kids rode bikes down road with pistol to keep him away....dog is gone now...i do miss my black lab
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by joshmb1982
    mighty fine guard dog you gave there[:D] seriously how could anyone be scared of a lab? let alone a pup. if it didnt hurt your buisness to much id say that should disqualify these people from buying a gun. seriously. if they are that scared of a pupy what are they gonna do when the hear a bump in the night at home? grab their gun run down stairs and shoot anything that makes a noise or moves.

Well you never got the pleasure of meeting my last lab. He was an only dog in the litter lab. Where he was was his place. He bit me twice and he had his own attitude. Fully registered and was not just a watch dog but a guard dog. No one, would come in the house unless he wanted them in it. Ran BigT out once and BIGT got the point real quick. Buck was convincing.
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Locust Fork
    I bring Jack with me to the store.....he is 12 weeks old and just a giant baby. He wants to greet everyone. I'm trying to get him to stop jumping up on people, but it takes time. My "pet peave" lately has been the REDICULOUS people who are thrown off when they see him. He comes romping around the counter.....obviously a goofy, tounge dangling, happy thing that is just a fuzzy ball of LUV....and these people completely FREAK OUT!

They stiffen up....gasp for air.....yell out DOG DOG DOG....(and the very worst thing of all)....RUN, because that causes Jack to run after them because they are now playing with him even if they didn't mean to. Its usually black females....but from time to time its a guy. These people aggrivate me sooooo much because of how silly they are. I understand (very little, but I do understand) that phobias are hard to deal with....but Jack, for real, how could anyone be afraid of him!!!!

get allot of baggy pants do ya?
  • Options
    turtles11756turtles11756 Member Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i don't trust anyone over 18 years old thats scared of a dog gives me the creeps watching them freeze www.adba.cc for a real dog
  • Options
    goldeneagle76goldeneagle76 Member Posts: 4,359
    edited November -1
    Loose dogs usually do not bother me, especially not a young lab (I've got a 6 year old Black Lab). I was out posting houses downstate the other day and 2 pitbulls came running out the door towards me...caught in no-mans land between my car and the house. I was ready to draw when the homeowner came out and yelled "don't worry, they're only 2 years old". What the hell does that mean??? I'm pretty sure they can still bite.
  • Options
    jwb267jwb267 Member Posts: 19,666 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by goldeneagle76
    Loose dogs usually do not bother me, especially not a young lab (I've got a 6 year old Black Lab). I was out posting houses downstate the other day and 2 pitbulls came running out the door towards me...caught in no-mans land between my car and the house. I was ready to draw when the homeowner came out and yelled "don't worry, they're only 2 years old". What the hell does that mean??? I'm pretty sure they can still bite.

they still had their baby teeth[:D]
  • Options
    bamafanbamafan Member Posts: 4,011 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here is Zeake. A Catahoula Cur.

IMG_1217.jpg
  • Options
    KSUmarksmanKSUmarksman Member Posts: 10,705 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Paintball field outside Manhattan KS had a mascot too.
    I think he was some sort of shepherd mix possibly with a little husky...looked kinda wolf like, but very friendly/relaxed. He'd always walk up slowly to greet you when you came to the field shop and wanted to get petted. Also begged for hotdogs and snacks, which were sold by the field owner, one of the refs usually gave him his last 1/3 of the hotdog [:D]
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by asphalt cowboy
    Most peoples fears are odd, unrealistic really. For some it is very real, terrifying actually. Most folks find it hard to believe I had been attacked by a large dog when I was 6.

If you want interesting reactions, try walking one of these fellows on a public sidewalk. I've had people cross the street in order to avoid us.

tall.jpg

Man that's a big dog!
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    I have a somewhat aggressive lab...she cannot stand any other dogs and has to check EVERYONE out who enters the store...growling all the way to the door, but after she greets/assesses them she calms down and will usually go lay down. She does not jump on people...she just has to check them out.
  • Options
    HappyNanoqHappyNanoq Member Posts: 12,023
    edited November -1
    Idiots who bring big dogs somewhere and expect everyone to like the dogs, really bug me.

I love dogs, but I keep them so they won't bother peoplewho might get scared by them.
  • Options
    Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
  • Options
    Stilwater36Stilwater36 Member Posts: 223 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Agree with keeping them out of a retail store. I worked for a guy who had a "Friendly dog". One day he nailed an employee for no known reason. The next time he nailed a customer. It was reported to officials and as controller I notified our insurance company.Our insurance company put a stop to his being in the store.The owner did not want to pay the increase in prem.$$$$$. You want them for protection keep them chained behind the counter because you could have a new partner in you business who is not the bad guy.
  • Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dennisnielsen
    hogzilla.jpg

Dame that picture reminds me.

Was staying at a friends place before I was transfered to Okinawa. Was working on His lawn mower to get it running right. His dog(Big Boxer) brushed up against me so I was petting it. Then I noticed Mikey(The Boxer) was sitting in front of me Growling. Look at what I'm petting and its a Pot Bellied Pig. Not wonder Mikey was Growling cause we did not have one.

Only reason Mikey did not tear that pig up was cause I was petting it. When I jumped back Mikey went after it. Pig got lucky cause we were right at the gate and he went out. Mikey did not leave his yard for anything.
  • Options
    eastbankeastbank Member Posts: 4,215
    edited November -1
    we have a leash law here when off your own land, you get one friendly warning from the dog cop and then the fines start and they are not cheap,and that goes for dogs who escape from their confindment(pen or collar)too.i respect you right to have a dog, but please respect my right to not be exposed to him in public when not under controll, if you have him under your direct controll i will be able to avoid him with my grandchildren and we will all be happy, me,you, and your dog. i had a friend whose 87 year old mother was knocked down by a large friendly dog, she was scrached up a little but not hurt, it could have been very bad. eastbank.
  • Options
    groovinmonkeygroovinmonkey Member Posts: 633 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The sweetest dog I ever new also had the best personality. She was a pit bull terrier and her name was alexis. Smart, sweet, loving, and would'nt hurt a fly (unless her family was in danger). Rip Alexis
  • Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    Just remembered the breed of dog I did not like that was doing the Butt Sniffing. Giant Poodle.
  • Options
    Tech141Tech141 Member Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by USN_Airdale
    i won't name names.., but, the remarks from some people here who say they will kill a dog if it approaches them, are also the type who should not even be allowed a gun !!

quote:If I walk into a business and a dog approaches me in an aggressive manner, the dog dies.

if you walked into my business and kill my dog you will be the second death that the cops will investigate, people like you should never be allowed/permitted to own a gun !!!!!!!!!!

That guy must be a real Alpha Hotel.....
  • Options
    Tech141Tech141 Member Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bhale187
    quote:Originally posted by USN_Airdale
    i won't name names.., but, the remarks from some people here who say they will kill a dog if it approaches them, are also the type who should not even be allowed a gun !!

quote:If I walk into a business and a dog approaches me in an aggressive manner, the dog dies.

if you walked into my business and kill my dog you will be the second death that the cops will investigate, people like you should never be allowed/permitted to own a gun !!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, screw the 2nd amendment, if you don't like dogs it doesn't apply to you...

Personally, I think the idiot deserved the vitriol heaped on him by USN Airdale. The guy was obviously behaving like a jerk and needed to get smacked around a bit.