In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

What would you do?

Comments

• A J ChristA J Christ Member Posts: 7,534
    edited November -1
    Just earlier today one of my neighbors great danes got loose and came on my property. Not only that, their dog started chewing on my dog, and the neighbors did nothing to stop them. By the time I got to my SBH .44 it had ran away. Would I have been justified in shooting it? I would like to hear from some LEs on this subject. I live outside a small city, 8,000 or so. Don't know if this would make a difference.
    edited November -1
    My wife has a DAR function this morning and took both kids! I have the house to myself for almost 5 hours! I was thinking make a batch of beer, take a (uninterupted) nap, watch an action move REALLY loud in the theater.

The world is my oyster!

What would all you old married folks do with 5 hours of alone time?
    edited November -1
    Would you trade this a springfield micro compact
    8912512.jpg
    for this a para ordnance p12 limited?
    5951119.jpg
    edited November -1
    OK Two nights ago wife sick and needed to go to the hospital. I called my mother to come sit with kids while we where off to the emergency room. About Midnight we get out and are on our way home. We stop by the 24 hr, Mc Donalds for a burger and head on. Within minutes of turning off the main road on our way to our rural farm a car comes flying right up beside me and stays right even with me door to door while Ilook in the rear view and there is another on my tail. I try to speed up and they match me the whole time easing toward me. I slow down they do the same so I floor it and get the jump on them and get in front of them. Then the scary part is they try this same thing only this time with my wife between us. Eventually when an on coming car comes they both turn off. Now I was not carrying at the time but I promised my self and my wife this would be the last. When she who is not crazy about the idea asked what I would have done differently I told her I would have stopped the car. And in the event they had stopped anyone who had gotten out of there car would have been fired upon immediately. I did not like the feeling of being hunted or prayed upon and I will be honest this scared the hell out of me. I realize there is a chance this was a car full of kids playing a prank but The thought of someone hurting my wife and never getting home to my kids is more than I am willing to bear. But I am curious if most of you where in this position what would you have done. PS I did call 911 but they never did show and there was now hwere I was willing to wait being unarmed.
    edited November -1
    I want to be a military intelligence officer and I am open to three branches: army, navy, air force. Depending on if I like my job and career outlook once I am in I would like to stay in for a career and possibly be a general. If it is not so peachy I'll probably leave after four years and go back to school or try to join the CIA or FBI. My dilemma is this, I can get guaranteed intelligence jobs in the navy or airforce, but not in the army. But the good thing about the army is that I would probably have the best chance to be a general there versus the others. Another bonus of the army is that I would probably be able to do counter-intelligence and human intelligence, which is exactly what I want to do. I feel like in the other services the odds are I would be staring at a computer screen all day doing imagery analysis or something like that. So do I roll the dice and go for the army, or go for the sure thing and do something that will be 'kinda' what I want to do? What would you do? Thanks. (I don't know why I don't have the marines in there, I just haven't looked)
    edited November -1
    this may have came up before, if so sorry.
    havent changed the channel on the tube for a while, not really paying attention to it. you know on the computer and all. looked up and there is a commercial/show for girls gone/hottest girl in America.

guys, (girls too, ) if you were to watch these videos for whatever reason(not judging anyone for what they do and dont watch) and you see before your eyes in living color your daughter (neice cousin, or other family member would work but mostly daughter)on one of these dvds, what would you do? i dont have any kids of my own right now so i cant say for sure but i think i would wigg out big time.
    edited November -1
    So, tonight, my wife and I were checking out at the grocery store. There was a lady in front of us checking out. I was standing directly behind her.

She tried to pay for her groceries using 2 different credit/debit cards. Neither one was accepted. They tried multiple times.

She finally told the cashier to try to put $70 on one of the cards, and that amount was accepted. That left her $14 and some odd cents to pay, and neither one of her cards would be accepted. When she checked her check book, she was fresh out of checks.

What would you do?

I stepped up, and said, "Ma'am, let me do something for you..." and I swiped my card and paid for her $14 worth of groceries.

I told her to pay it forward. I left with a smile on my face. It felt good to help.
    edited November -1
    I got a bill today for 3 hours of snowblowing and plowing from work I had done in january, Total cost $135. Also a load of driveway stone that came to $80. On the bottom the total was $170.

I know how much I am going to pay. What would you do?
    edited November -1
    Halve of this is my fault---the other half is the seller's fault.

Shopping for a particular pair of Skecher sandals and bought a new pair at low bid (only bidder) for $35.00 with free shipping.

Now, sandals arrive---not the same as the ones pictured in the ad---open toe was pictured---closed toe was received which I don't care for. (preposition, I know)

Seller's description (which I'll admit I didn't totally read) stated "closed toe".

I bought them primarily by the picture because it was exactly the style I wanted.

What would be an amicable ending to this?
    edited November -1
    i hope most here would concede that i'm a pretty nice guy...right?

but what would you do if you had a friend that more than a year ago, betrayed your trust and you cut off all communications and told them in no uncertain terms THEN that you didn't have time for them any more and NOW just shows up on your door step wanting to know WHY you haven't called them in over a year and tries to guilt trip you into visiting them? assume they won't take "no i don't have time to visit" as an answer because they sure don't. what would you do to tell that former friend you don't wanna associate with them anymore?
    edited November -1
    Someone is interested in buying my bike. They'd like to test drive it. How do I cover my own *?
    edited November -1
    Well, last Thursday, I was informed, through an MRI, that I have yet another herniated disc in my back. (L4-L5)This is my third time having this happen and have had to have surgery the previous two times. The last one left me with permanent damage to my sciatic nerve which causes constant tingling and numbness in my left leg. While it hasn't prevented me from doing my job, the pain is gradually getting worse and is starting to affect my right leg. Now, I have three choices, do nothing and HOPE it doesn't cause further damage and treat with pain meds, have an epidural steroid injection and HOPE it relieves the pain, or have a third surgery, which would require the fusion of three vertebrae and end my career. I am only 35, don't want to give up my job and sure as hell do not want to go on disability. Whatever choice I make, there is a good chance it will leave me with limited mobility and further nerve damage. Damned if I do, damned if I don't.
    edited November -1
    You are having your morning coffee and reading the newspaper.

The newspaper headline is.

Congress passes anti handgun law. All handguns except those in the military, and law enforcement are now illegal. Mandatory surrender of said guns is now the law. Violations of this law will be dealt with by 10 year prison sentence.

????????????????????????????????????????????

I may not always be right, but I am never wrong. Magnum Force
    edited November -1
    My wonderful girlfriend and I had been dating for over a year, and so we decided to get married. There was only one little thing bothering me. It was her beautiful younger sister.

My prospective sister-in-law was twenty-two, wore very tight
    miniskirts, and generally was braless. She would regularly bend down when she was near me, and I always got more than a pleasant view. She never did it when she was near anyone else.

One day "little" sister called and asked me to come over to check the wedding invitations. She was alone when I arrived, and she whispered to me that she had feelings and desires for me that she couldn't overcome. She told me that she wanted to make love to me just once before I got married and committed my life to her sister.

Well, I was in total shock, and couldn't say a word.

She said, "I'm going upstairs to my bedroom, and if you want one last wild fling, just come up and get me."

I was stunned- frozen in shock as I watched her go up the stairs. She pulled off her panties and threw them down the stairs at me. I stood there for a moment, then turned and made a beeline straight to The front door. I opened the door, and headed straight towards my car. Lo and behold, my entire future family was standing outside, all
    clapping!

With tears in his eyes, my future father-in-law hugged me and said, "We Are very happy that you have passed our little test.....we couldn't ask for a better man for our daughter. Welcome to the family."

And the moral of this story is:

Always keep your condoms in your car.
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    Today i was in and accident with my 2001 Dodge Ram. A flagman for a road crew waved a ford econoline van thru a stop sign and directly in front of me. I could not stop in time because of the short distance which was about ten yards. I was traveling approximately 40 miles and hour because it was a rural back road. Impact was around 35 miles an hour as i layed on the brakes. Needless to say I T-boned the van pretty good but in the process my truck is totaled or near totaled. Upon impact my airbags did not deploy leaving my son and I with injuries.
    Although the road crew was only about 20 feet away from us, they did not attempt to help anyone nor did they come to see if anyone was hurt. Because the front end of my truck was pushed back into the doors,we were trapped inside until the van driver and his passenger bent one of the doors back so we could get out. The electric windows were useless because the battery was damaged.All the road crew did was gather up in a group and we assume they were discussing their strategy to cover for the flagmans mistake. Shortly thereafter they went on filling in the cracks of the road with tar.

The trooper that investigated the accident did not cite myself or the van driver.He did state that he believed us and went after the road crew. I do not know what action if any he took against the flagman.

What do you think i should do about the ignorant action of the flagman and the airbags that did not deploy? Bear in mind that I received two broken fingers,blunt trauma to the lower abdomin and also to both knee caps. We are also observing our son for a mild concussion.

Should i file lawsuits or should I let the insurance companies fight it out?

[It was a real bummer watching my $32,000 truck mangled up like that and towed away!]
    edited November -1
    During deer season I observed a couple of guys gutting a deer. They were about fifty yards from my post so I waited until they were finished and had dragged the deer to wherever.

Curious that I am I walked past the gutpile about 45 minutes later. I found a new Old Town folding knife the guys had forgotten.

Hence the dilema.

What would you have done under the circumstances?

Thanks

Rockton

Let us be honest here guys OK.
    edited November -1
    I had a auction over on the other side for ammunition. I'm not familiar with the new California restrictions, so I said, "No California Sales".

Anyway, a Californian made the bid and won the auction. Should I complete this transaction?
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    Colombian Farmer Finds $600,000,000.00 Of Pablo Escobars Money On His Ranch

Nobody would know if I found any large sum of money that's for sure. Hello cops, yeah, I found six, er, I mean five barrels of money...

http://bmwmblog.com/columbian-farmer-finds-600000000-of-pablo-escobars-money-on-his-ranch/
    edited November -1
    Large Mexican Flag flying across the street from me.
    edited November -1
    You are going to a family reunion at a large campground. You plan on doing some target shooting. You get to the gate and they tell you not only is shooting not allowed, but that guns are not allowed in campground and must be put in the gun safe in the main gate station. Would you tell them about all 7 guns in the truck? (You haven't mentioned shooting so they don't know that you have them.) Would you tell them that you do not have any guns? Would you tell them that you have 6 and keep one for protection?

What would you do?

I should mention that this is a private campground, not federal or public land.
    edited November -1
    Yesterday, I stopped by a liquor store to pick up some wine for dinner. I found the item that I usually buy elsewhere and the price was the same at this particular store. I was on my way home from turkey hunting so, I was still wearing camo. As I entered the store the owner asked what I was hunting, and as I selected my bottle on wine I told him it was turkey season. The bottle of wine was marked $10.99 on a sticker on the top. The cashier scanned my purchase while the owner and myself continued out conversation. I paid with my debit card, entered my security code, all the while talking to the owner. Dummy me, never looked at the amount while paying. It wasn't until I arived home and went to post the purchase in the check book that I realized the total was $14.19. On a $10.99 purchase..... that was too much so I went to the fridge to check the price marked on the bottle............and it had been removed. The cashier charged my $12.99 plus tax for that wine. OK 2 bucks its going to break me but I still pi$$ed. Should I go back a confront them, or call the state alcoholic beverage commission or call the tv news station's investigative reporters or "something else".....
    edited November -1
    Or for most.. what would you want your wife to do?

Female driving on road next to projects. (work reasons)
    Sees a man standing on the side of the road.. nothing really out of place.. car comming towards her with guy hanging out the passenger window. She wonders why he is hanging out the window and watches as she passes. Continues to watch in the rear view and sees guy in car pull out baseball bat and whack the crap out of guy on the side of the road. No protection in car does she...
    1. turn around and go back to help
    2. call 911 and possibly have to testify
    3. do anonymous tip to local police dept.

This is the worst drug area in this particular city/county.
    edited November -1
    My friend Jody works at a nursing home. Sometimes I go and hang out with her there.
    There's a resident there that always ask me for a smoke. He's not allowed to have them and I don't smoke so he's been out of luck.
    I recently found out he has very little visitors, but's he's the sweetest old man I think I've met, next to my granpa.

Well I've started buying and sneaking him cigarettes when I visit. These nursing home residents are just standing around waiting to die anyway, so why not make his last few days a good one?

Am I wrong here? Honestly.
    edited November -1
    Ok I'm in this pawn shop looking at guitars, like I need another one, when I notice the pawn shop guy fiddling with a single action .22 revolver. He's trying to get the cylinder out of it but it won't budge. I asked if I could take a look and he says, "sure", and hands it to me. I look at it and the firing pin is protruding so far that the cylinder is hanging on it. The pawn shop guy says he's not interested as the revolver is obviously broken. I asked the lady does she want to sell it. She says yes but the pawn shop guy says take it outside, she can't sell it in here. I wait around because she has two cheap survival knives that pawn shop guy is looking at but he's not interested. Anyway, the lady and her mom meet me in the parking lot. She wants $100 for the revolver. I tell her under the circumstances I'd give her $40 for it and take my chances. She wants $50 and says she'll throw in one of the knives. Nope, $40 take it or leave it. She takes the $40 and once I get home I get it all apart and the spring is missing off the part that rotates the cylinder. The hand I think it's called. One of those deals where you point it at the floor and it rotates the cylinder and locks up fine. So I get on the net and find the piece I need, $25 and some change including shipping. Still only in the gun about $65 or so but I think I did okay. Oh and no it wasn't a Colt, just an FIE but still a solid little revolver. So would you buy a gun with obvious problems if you got a deal on it? Oh and it came with a leather holster that looks like it fits a 1911 type handgun. I'm thinking the holster may be worth $40 by itself. Just wondering.
    edited November -1
    The following link is a video of a man with a metal bar attacking a car sitting at a light. What would you do if you were witness to this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MmhPF9cDBc&search=gun

I wonder if it would look bad if someone shot him.
  • Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    Not in NY State as the threat was over. No Castle Doctrine here.
  • armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,478 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well they used to hang people for stealing horses.
  • mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    Once he rode away you were no longer in imminent danger. Expect a second degree murder charge.
  • enforcinatorenforcinator Member Posts: 232 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Shoot the bike. when he gets up off the ground then shoot him. Tell the judge you figured he was pissed at you now. [}:)]
  • tomahawktomahawk Member Posts: 11,826
    edited November -1
    naaa...i'd shoot him in the helmet...but this is Missouri[;)]
  • HandLoadHandLoad Member Posts: 15,998
    edited November -1
    You were not in fear for your Life. If you shoot him, you are up for Murder.

Ya can't shoot anyone for a Property Crime.
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would shoot him right between the shoulder blades, given that I would not be prosecuted.

You point a gun at me and steal my property you have committed a capital crime.
  • tomahawktomahawk Member Posts: 11,826
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by HandLoad
    You were not in fear for your Life. If you shoot him, you are up for Murder.

Ya can't shoot anyone for a Property Crime.

ummm...come on down to Missouri and mess around and see how that works out for ya[;)]
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1

Only if he kills you with it... Capital crimes are crimes that you can get the death penalty by law.

If a thief is fleeing and you shoot them. be prepared for a manslaughter charge and a few years in the cross bar hotel....You are not a Police officer.....
  • BT99BT99 Member Posts: 1,043
    edited November -1
    That is not theft. That is armed robbery. If I could get my 45 out quick enough, he would be bulletized.
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,310 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by allen griggs
    I would shoot him right between the shoulder blades, given that I would not be prosecuted.

Yep.
  • MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He had to do something with his gun while starting up the bike, right? While he was making that transition-boom boom boom. Get on your bike and boogey.
  • tomh.tomh. Member Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Maybe this isn't really a fair answer, but....
    My bike is kick start only and it has a little personality.
    So it wouldn't be the best machine to steal.
    I'd probably just wait for him to get done kicking, then take over for him and ride away.
    If he kicked it many times, he'd probably wish I'd shot him.
    Been my reaction a few times!