In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ever use a " bite" crimp?

jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,666 ******
edited July 2016 in General Discussion
We've heard of roll crimp, taper crimp, etc.
The bite crimp is where you fill the case with powder, press the bullet in as far as it will go, and........

344_bullet.jpg

Comments

• Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,433 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not endorsed by the American Dental Association.
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Options
    HandLoadHandLoad Member Posts: 15,998
    edited November -1
    Yeah, lead split shot on fishing lines. All through my Youth. What with all the Mental Retardation from the lead (washed all of a Model A's parts barehanded in cheap leaded gasoline in my basement, too),. I could been Somebody, I coulda been a Contender!

Now, they are gonna designate my sorry butt as a Superfund site!!!
  • Options
    jltrentjltrent Member Posts: 9,209 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I believe breaking a regular crimper would be less expensive than breaking one of those crimpers, but they do look good.
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,576 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would hate too guess the amount of lead I ingested as a kid
    would go a long way to help explain my condition though [:D][:D]
    I remember chewing on the sinkers while fishing just because they were some what soft to bite into .
    I have also pulled more than a few 22 bullets from there casing with my teeth .. know better now but WTH

quote:Originally posted by HandLoad
    Yeah, lead split shot on fishing lines. All through my Youth. What with all the Mental Retardation from the lead (washed all of a Model A's parts barehanded in cheap leaded gasoline in my basement, too),. I could been Somebody, I coulda been a Contender!

Now, they are gonna designate my sorry butt as a Superfund site!!!
  • Options
    retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I too have used a 'bite crimp' on lead split weights, etc...

Probably 'splains a lot.
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When I was a kid everybody that I fished with used to crimp sinkers on their fishing line with their teeth.

I've done dumber stuff too. I used to carry a small metal vile of mercury in my pocket to shine coins with.

Hard telling how many brake jobs I've done and blown the asbestos dust out of the drums with an air hose that would cloud the air in the garage.

I guess it's a wonder I'm still alive.
  • Options
    woodshed87woodshed87 Member Posts: 25,785
    edited November -1
    Jim You have nice Nails And Your Lips Wow [:0]
    Hey Guys Comeon I'm Just sayin'[:D]