I've heard that these have some......

Comments

• Flying Clay DiskFlying Clay Disk Member Posts: 35,230 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have heard the same thing, but don't know first hand.

I do know one thing though...I'd never pay $1k for a 10/22.
  • CrittergitterCrittergitter Member Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by BTDT
    ....feeding issues? Right or just rumor?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=262090874

Yeah they do. You have to feed them .22 WMR.

They won't swallow anything else! [;)]
  • The artist formerly known as DanoThe artist formerly known as Dano Member Posts: 29,215
    edited November -1
    I've heard some stuff in regards to the .22WMR bolt beating up the receiver.
  • jltrentjltrent Member Posts: 8,878 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought one a few days ago and put around 5 rounds through it without a hiccup. Not shot it since and it looks practically new. Here is another that is probably a good buy: V
    V
    V
    V
    V
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=262623286
  • Alan RushingAlan Rushing Member Posts: 9,002 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have used in the past. Found it important to keep it well cleaned. Any build up during shooting, or leaving around gathering dust, would gunk it up enough to retard or eliminate the cycling.

For that sort of money ... I'd get a decent rig with a decent scope and a hundred rounds of ammunition or so.

Or two decent hunting rifles and the ammuntion.

Or three hunted rifles and the ammunition!

When we were kids, my brother bought an old abused Italian military relic ... meaning old and well used ... and was feeding it store bought ammunition for it for less per round, than .22 shorts could be got on sale!

He still figures that to have been one of, if not the best purchases/investments in firearms that he ever made!

I've never met the .22 that I'd even think about paying that sort of $$$$, and without a scope even? What the H*LL! [B)] [:(] [:0]
  • woodshed87woodshed87 Member Posts: 25,785
    edited November -1
    There Ya have it Folks[^]quote:Originally posted by Alan Rushing

Have used in the past. Found it important to keep it well cleaned. Any build up during shooting, or leaving around gathering dust, would gunk it up enough to retard or eliminate the cycling.

For that sort of money ... I'd get a decent rig with a decent scope and a hundred rounds of ammunition or so.

Or two decent hunting rifles and the ammuntion.

Or three hunted rifles and the ammunition!

When we were kids, my brother bought an old abused Italian military relic ... meaning old and well used ... and was feeding it store bought ammunition for it for less per round, than .22 shorts could be got on sale!

He still figures that to have been one of, if not the best purchases/investments in firearms that he ever made!

I've never met the .22 that I'd even think about paying that sort of $$$$, and without a scope even? What the H*LL! [B)] [:(] [:0]