In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Some of you are gonna laugh...

DocDoc Member Posts: 13,899 ✭✭✭
edited November 2013 in General Discussion
One of my wife's coworkers at her new job is big into the shooting sports. In fact, he has a 10 year old daughter who got a 22 rifle for her birthday this year and apparently she bugs her dad to go shooting like every other day. As you can imagine, he's having trouble feeding her new hobby as 22 ammo is so hard to find. My wife said he went out at lunchtime yesterday in search of ammo and came back empty handed.

So I put 8 boxes of miscellaneous 22 LR ammo I had hanging around the ammo storage in a box and gave it to my wife to give to him for his daughter. This is the third time I have given ammo to strangers during a shortage.

See, I'm not ALL bad...
....................................................................................................
Too old to live...too young to die...

Comments

• Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No one ever thought you were a bad person. We all like you very much. Good Job Doc.
  • Options
    GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    Can you spare a brutha a box?
  • Options
    jltrentjltrent Member Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why Doc on here you seem like just a big teddy bear.[:D]

Frank%25208-1-09.jpg
  • Options
    guns-n-painthorsesguns-n-painthorses Member Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I donated 450 rounds to a fund raiser auction last week and they brought $125.00!

And even better yet, a new in the box Rossi M94 in 45lc brought $850.00!

All money went towards my cousins mounting medical bills.
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,933 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jltrent
    Why Doc on here you seem like just a big teddy bear.[:D]

Frank%25208-1-09.jpg
    Yeah, Kung Fu Panda.[:)]
  • Options
    DocDoc Member Posts: 13,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't recall that photo. Fairly recent, and I'm wearing a gi and sweating so must have been taken after class/training. I assume I posted it at some point but I don't remember it.
    ....................................................................................................
    Too old to live...too young to die...
  • Options
    TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    your feeding a monster[:D] and great until they run out. Tell her mom to look on MidWayusa and back order some bulk and maybe be able to get some in the future. They don't charge the CC until they ship if they ship is the question.
  • Options
    EhlerDaveEhlerDave Member Posts: 5,158 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Doc that was a nice thing to do.

I myself have a man that supplies the 22lr for the women and kids that come out here to learn gun safety and shooting. He has enough I could shoot daily for many, many years. Yes he has been hoarding the stuff, but for like the last 35 years. [:)] He gets a real good laugh when he hears someone paid a crazy price for a brick of 22lr. He thinks anything over $7 is just unreal. [:D]

As for the picture, no you did not post that, WE are watching and WE took it when you were not looking. [8D]
    Just smile and say nothing, let them guess how much you know.
  • Options
    cranky2cranky2 Member Posts: 3,236 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Doc what we freely give always comes back to us.
  • Options
    woodshed87woodshed87 Member Posts: 25,785
    edited November -1
    Ya had Me Wondering Sometimes But,,,, Yeah Your Awright[:o)][:o)]quote:Originally posted by Doc
    One of my wife's coworkers at her new job is big into the shooting sports. In fact, he has a 10 year old daughter who got a 22 rifle for her birthday this year and apparently she bugs her dad to go shooting like every other day. As you can imagine, he's having trouble feeding her new hobby as 22 ammo is so hard to find. My wife said he went out at lunchtime yesterday in search of ammo and came back empty handed.

So I put 8 boxes of miscellaneous 22 LR ammo I had hanging around the ammo storage in a box and gave it to my wife to give to him for his daughter. This is the third time I have given ammo to strangers during a shortage.

See, I'm not ALL bad...